Full Version: Ivan carnage on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
Ouch very sad look at this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2&category=6430
qa1142
SALT WATER
SLITS
With water at that level I am not to suprised the bat woudn't charge. All the hot leads were under water - big short.

Rotiserrie time!
ruddyboys
Boy, That is the most honest ad I have ever seen on evil-bay. Hope some picks it up and restores it.
machina
I don't know guys, I think that car is going to turn to dust in 6 months. Salt water intrusion is a bitch.
Mark Henry
I think the guy is a member here, I remember reading about this.

The car would require 100% disassembly and acid dipping, as the neutralizer would wash the salt away. I guess one could try oiling the crap out of it.

The engine, tranny, bearings (all), bushings, etc., etc....are all toast.
fiid
A friend of mine works in New Zealand doing lighting work for film sets. He worked on Master and Commander and a few other big name movies (but not lord of the rings). He worked an advertising shoot for Audi where they flew out two brand new Audi S4s for some shots of them driving down the beach half in the water.

After the shoot the two cars went to the crusher because Audi did not want salt-water exposed cars finding their way into the market with their name on it.

This car probably should just be stripped - it's got to have spent a while sat in the stuff - which means it's in the longs - in every little gap in the seam sealer, the trunk, the dogbone. Andy is still getting sand out of his car from when it was sandblasted a couple of years ago. Imagine if that was salt!!!!

Reminds me of a Megadeth song - Rust in Pieces.

icon8.gif
Joe Bob
Looks as if the old caddy bit the dust as well.
rhodyguy
i wonder why he left the car in the garage when the storm was on the way.

kevin
DNHunt
I'm sure the guy did what he could. He had a limited amount of time and space and couldn't take it all. Kevin, imagine what you would do if the big mountain blows. At some point you have to leave things behind. Poor guy

Dave
nsyr
I believe this car was bought on ebay about 7 or 8 months ago. I have a video of it running, just don't know how to post it.
larryp
It is a pretty cheap way to get wheels and a couple of bumpers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.