Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice looking car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bob91403
Best deal I've seen from AA,six conversion driving.gif
bob91403
I said that I've seen some nice looking sixers for $12-16K. Several people asked me to show them. Here's one for $7.5. slap.gif
Series9
AA is evil. The would try to get $7k for the engine alone, if it were out of the car.

That thing probably looks like swiss cheese under the battery box. AA cares only about $$$, not you.

They recently had a 3.6 gasket set on eBay for 'only' $600. I got the same set from my DEALER (!) for $250. I sent Mr. Treadway an email telling him what a joke it was and he reported me to eBay for harassment. That's fine, he deserved it.

The term 'free rust' (instead of rust free) was first coined over some of the crap cars AA was selling as 'premium' vehicles.

Buyer beware,

Joe
GaroldShaffer
confused24.gif A six conversion for 7.5k, whats wrong with the car?
spare time toys
Why go to the trouble of the conversion and not upgrade to 5 lug hubs? alfred.gif
Rusty
Bump to the tech forum... because this isn't really a classified ad.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Mueller
Why go to the trouble of the conversion and not upgrade to 5 lug hubs?

not really needed with the smaller motors....in my opinion, a lot of the 5 lug coversions are done because people "think" they need them....other conversions are done since the owner will "hope" that the 914/6 look will make the car more appealing to others and the car will be "accepted" smile.gif
Root_Werks
The car looks nice in the pic's but yeah, what about the longs and battery area? It could be a rust bucket for sure. AA usually asks $7500 for restorable 914-4's so this one sort of throws me. Must be something major wrong with it? <_<
MattR
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 6 2004, 07:17 AM)
Why go to the trouble of the conversion and not upgrade to 5 lug hubs?

not really needed with the smaller motors....in my opinion, a lot of the 5 lug coversions are done because people "think" they need them....other conversions are done since the owner will "hope" that the 914/6 look will make the car more appealing to others and the car will be "accepted" smile.gif

Or because they like the look of the 5 lug wheels and think the 4 lug wheels are the "leftover" designs from porsche that look like barf.gif .
mudfoot76
The plate on the car in the photos is an outdated one, and by the numbers it is (or was) registered in southern Indiana. We have this ugly green and blue color scheme now, but I digress...

AA doesnt' mention if they are brokering, or if they have physical custody of the car. Bartholomew county is in the area for FFC, maybe we can get a caravan to go check it out? Take it for a spin happy11.gif
dflesburg
All I know is last time I delt with Treadway, he screwed me twice, first he sold me a NOS part that was used, I complained and he sent me another used part to replace it....

George H. always treated me good but that Treadway guy is a dick. I will be desparate before I buy anything from them again.
GTeener
So why do you think they chose to take pictures of the car in the shadows of a tree instead of in the sunshine?

What could they be hiding?
aircooledboy
Interesting that the only engine compartment picture is tightly cropped, and opposite side from hell hole. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.