Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 1975 2.0 914 engine parting out GC006560
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
GvUpTV
Hi,
I'm brand new here.
I bought a Porsche 2.0 914 engine years ago to eventually put in a 1967 Bug that I had. Unfortunately, I had my bug parked on MY 20 acres, (which I don't live on) and a neighbor complained and they towed my bug, when I found out, it was too much money to get back. So I have the 2.0 engine.
It was sold to me as running and for the first 5 years I had it inside, but the last 2 years it's been outside and I guess rust has gotten in the cylinders and I can only turn the engine over about 180 degrees.
I understand the most valuable parts are the heads, and that they are hard to find. I'm pretty sure that they are good, and I'll be taking them off to make sure. I saw a single good head used selling for $495 on ebay (although it got relisted because it didn't sell) I see another guy who sells them rebuilt and he charges $250 apiece for cores that have to be completely rebuilt.
So I think that they are worth at least $250 a head if the heads are good.
I'm parting out the entire engine. The serial number on the engine case is GC006560, and it is a 1975 engine. It has the 3 bolt heads. I can send pictures if anybody wants them (or put them in ad here)
euro911
That sucks about your Bug. I'd try to get even somehow, if that happened to me slap.gif

... but that's me happy11.gif

Why not rebuild the engine and buy a 914 roller to stuff it in smile.gif
GvUpTV
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 16 2012, 02:09 PM) *

That sucks about your Bug. I'd try to get even somehow, if that happened to me slap.gif

... but that's me happy11.gif

Why not rebuild the engine and buy a 914 roller to stuff it in smile.gif

Thanks for the reply. I know what you mean about getting even. I had a truck trailer out there (the back part) and it was full of stuff that was valuable, but I didn't use everyday. I mounted a metal fence with a security gate on the back of the roll up door of the trailer. I paid $1100 for the trailer, and it was about 8 foot tall and I think about 35 or so foot long (a normal semi trailer) I had to sell that for dirt cheap before they towed that away. It took longer for them to find a tow for that, I guess because it wasn't worth as much as a cherry 1967 bug.
I thought about making a bowling ball mortar (google it on youtube) and launching a few balls at their house from some BLM land next door. But they have enough problems, the husband got Alzheimer's and apparently can only say 'huh' and 'what' the last time I talked with the neighbor. I used to send them articles that I found on the internet about new treatments of Alzheimers, and the wife later complained about my stuff. All the other neighbor's have cars, trucks, boats, storage containers outside, but they didn't get a complaint from their neighbors, I'm the only one who had to follow the law.
I took the heads off tonight, and as far as I can tell, both heads seem to be good. Do you have any idea what they are worth, and how could I find a ball park figure if you don't know? I'm not looking to get a fortune out of them, but I don't want to be cheated either and think about it for years to come!
GvUpTV
I kind of need the money right now, that's why I'm selling. I don't think that I'll ever be able to afford a Porsche (and I don't have the space right now to work on them) Are the 'rollers' pretty cheap? I know everything is cheaper now, but my 'income' is too!
euro911
Post some pix, both sides of each head. $250. or so sounds reasonable for a good rebuildable core.

I can only suggest doing a search here in the classifieds to ascertain the value of any other parts you want to sell.

List prices as soon as possible though, so your ad doesn't get deleted by the admins.

Prices for rollers varies quite a bit.
Ghianto66
PM SENT

Ghie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.