Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dash removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sanman
I removed all the plastic nuts from the pasenger side but i cant see the ones on the driver side from the bottom what needs to be done to gain access to the last four nuts on the dash pad. Is it too much trouble to remove the dash the new one is only slightly better?

anyone BTDT?
McMark
There are two to be accessed from through each dash vent hole. There are two behind the guage cluster (these are annoying) and there are three at various points between the guages and the glovebox. It's not hard, just the first time.
william harris
You have to access the nuts through the front trunk. The only practical way to do that is to remove the blower fan and associated duct work from under the wiper motor area (remember the cables run inside to the heater and blower controls). It is a pain in the ass and you just have to take your time. If it will help you I can take pictures of my dash pad (sitting on the shelf with everything else) so you can see where the bolts are located. Let me know. beer.gif
sanman
does the cluster need to be removed
McMark
If you're removing the metal dash frame you need to access the front trunk as mentioned, but I think you're just talking about the cracked dash topper. The guage cluster needs to be removed enough to get to the bolts. wink.gif You will need to remove the phillips head screws that hold the frame in place, but you might be able to do it without unplugging all the gauge wires.
BatAc
William, sure show the pic, I'll need to do this down the road (low priority now). Hell, let me see my next can of worms.
sanman
Thanks guys and I already have the new dash pad to look at I just could not see the last four from under the dash. so let me get this right the two on the far drivers side are accessible thru the front trunk so what abuot the 3 around the cluster?
MarkG
MIGHT have some useful info:

http://lib.nmsu.edu/~clandt/914/gettydash/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.