Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Full V8 exhaust....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
dlee1967
As I have now installed some long tube headers my SBC street exhaust is for sale.

Includes:

Block hugger headers for Gen 1 sbc (no....not LS1)

Pipes welded to Turbo mufflers and tailpipes (quiet until you get on it) Clamps in the back are to attach the hangers.

2.25" O.D. aluminized tubing

O2 sensor bung in drivers side neat flange

(these route under the axles)

$135 shipped CONUS

Cheaper than a trip to the muffler shop! You will have to pick up collector bolts and gaskets from your FLAPS and two muffler hangers for the back.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Bruce Hinds
Any pictures of what you're running with the long tube headers.... I'm sure you'll like those better.
dlee1967
I don't have any pics yet, but the headers are Schoenfeld units. I am prepping the car at the moment for the powerplant, but should have it going soon. The first car was only 360 HP. My new target is 500-550 with my 930 box and Quaife.
Bruce Hinds
That should be fun! I've always used the long tube headers, they are better for mid range and higher RPM whereas the shortys do well for torque.

Mine were designed for the early corvette and the collector ends just ahead of the axles. I ran the same mufflers behind them that you did and then had some Ansa double tips.... great sound, but there is a harmonic about 2000 rpm that will just jap your energy.... With no where for a crossover I went with a universal crossover can that i think was used in the camaro. I mount it across the back crosswise with one in and one out on each side. Sounds like a healty boat until you tromp on it.

I'd like to see what you come up with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.