Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cool tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maybe screw threader is the wrong term, but I just finished putting a trailer hitch onto my jeep, and with the hitch came these wire's which were wound like a coil at one end.

at first, I had no idea what they were for, and since I didnt think I would need to realy read the directions.....

anyway 1/2 way through and scratching my head trying to figure out how I was going to thread a bolt through the frame I figured it out...

basically they take a piece of maybe 20 g wire and coil it on one end. Then, you can thread the bolt end into the coil, then take the straight wire end and feed it into the frame of the vehicle, and out the hole you are trying to pull the bolt into.. finally once it's in place, just spin off the coil from the bolt and voala! its done easily and quickly! I'm sure that some of you have seen this before, but I havent, I am sure that we all can use something like this for 1000000's of hard to #$%#$%'ing reach places in our cars!

let me know if anyone wants a pic or if this doesnt make sence!
seanery
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
freezing14
i have had a couple of those once when I installed a hitch on a acura and I kept it because it is so damn usefull, it work on metric bolt too
tdgray
Damn Skippy those things work smile.gif

I would have to have hired a contortionist to put the hitch on my Villager if I didn't have those things.... think I kept mine too.

On the other hand if I coulda hired a blonde, top heavy contortionist... oh well thats another FORUM altogether. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.