Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time to get back to working on my v8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Well my LE resto has held me hostage long enough. I still haven't sold it & at this point I may just keep the sucker evilgrin.gif . So It has been my focus for far to long. Moving on to my v8 again.

My new Rotas are 17x7.5 fronts & 17x9 rears. I can't wait to get my GT flares installed so I can put them on. I was looking for some 951 16x8 fuchs all around. After getting 2 I came across these Rota's on Pelican. They looked so damn hot I sold my pair of 951's so I could buy them. Starting this weekend I am moving the LE out of my shop & moving the LE in. Flares are going on soon. I am stocked to get my v8 going again.

Paint will be coming but still deciding on color. Really pretty sure I am going Phoenix red With black bumpers, Rockers, Top & Valances. Kind kicking around some blue combination too though idea.gif Guess I need to go visit that photoshop thread again
Rand
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 16 2012, 10:06 PM) *

Well my LE resto has held me hostage long enough. I still haven't sold it & at this point I may just keep the sucker evilgrin.gif . So It has been my focus for far to long. Moving on to my v8 again.

My new Rotas are 17x7.5 fronts & 17x9 rears. I can't wait to get my GT flares installed so I can put them on. I was looking for some 951 16x8 fuchs all around. After getting 2 I came across these Rota's on Pelican. They looked so damn hot I sold my pair of 951's so I could buy them. Starting this weekend I am moving the LE out of my shop & moving the LE in. Flares are going on soon. I am stocked to get my v8 going again.

Paint will be coming but still deciding on color. Really pretty sure I am going Phoenix red With black bumpers, Rockers, Top & Valances. Kind kicking around some blue combination too though idea.gif Guess I need to go visit that photoshop thread again

Props man. You have done so much since that 8 made it's debut at Seattle WCR. And the Creamsicle at Tahoe..... Dude, you coming to Marina?? Laguna Seca if we have to just hang at the corkscrew.....
Hoping to see you.
JRust
QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 16 2012, 10:18 PM) *

Props man. You have done so much since that 8 made it's debut at Seattle WCR. And the Creamsicle at Tahoe..... Dude, you coming to Marina?? Laguna Seca if we have to just hang at the corkscrew.....
Hoping to see you.

No WCR for me this year. It's my twinsDaughters first Prom that friday night. No way I am missing them in their dresses.

Half considered pulling an all nighter to be there saturday. I'm better off putting the money I'd spend on my v8 though. So I am going to stay home & get some work done.

Somebody give me the link to that cool photoshop thread. I'm not finding it in the search with the options I am putting in confused24.gif
nathansnathan
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 16 2012, 10:26 PM) *

Somebody give me the link to that cool photoshop thread. I'm not finding it in the search with the options I am putting in confused24.gif

The one that's mostly functioning is here
http://www.eggscollective.org/nathan/stora...igurator_j.html

I've been slowly working on a version where you can get it to be any color you want, but there are some features that aren't working on it still.
http://www.eggscollective.org/nathan/stora...igurator_k.html

JRust
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Apr 17 2012, 05:48 AM) *

t's mostly functioning is here

I've been slowly working on a version where you can get it to be any color you want, but there are some features that aren't working on it still.

Wow that wasn't the thread I was thinking of? That is flat out kick ass though Nathan. Thanks for putting that link up. Very cool options. I'd love to see the fuchs in a 17" size if it isn't to much work. I get the general idea though so it isn't critical. Thanks pray.gif
Aaron Cox
cool wheels! what do they weigh?
JRust
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 17 2012, 07:17 AM) *

cool wheels! what do they weigh?

I'm not even sure. They are being shipped as we speak. I should see them before the weekend & can weigh them then. I am sure they are quite a bit heavier than fuchs. Since it is on my v8 car I am not to worried about it. Probably wouldn't go with Rota's on a stock 4
KELTY360
Black bumpers are soooo boring.....Phoenix Red bumpers would be killer. gunner.gif
JRust
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 17 2012, 07:39 AM) *

Black bumpers are soooo boring.....Phoenix Red bumpers would be killer. gunner.gif

I kinda dig the Phoenix bumpers too. They look great in the 914 photoshop thing. My problem is possibly the front. With my radiator & the Extra Grill up there. I have basically matched the foglight grills with a big center . It's nice & subtle all in black. Not sure how I'd like that Phoenix. We will see as I have always loved the Alaska Metallic Blue drooley.gif
nathansnathan
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 17 2012, 07:13 AM) *

t's mostly functioning is here

Wow that wasn't the thread I was thinking of? That is flat out kick ass though Nathan. Thanks for putting that link up. Very cool options. I'd love to see the fuchs in a 17" size if it isn't to much work. I get the general idea though so it isn't critical. Thanks pray.gif

sorry, thought that's what you meant. I made that to kill the "flared creamsicle" thread that I think is what you actually meant. smile.gif I want to gather actual shots of cars at WCR to do a version with better production value and more options (maybe some 17" fuchs).

Good luck on the build. I'm subscribed now.
JRust
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Apr 17 2012, 01:15 PM) *

sorry, thought that's what you meant. I made that to kill the "flared creamsicle" thread that I think is what you actually meant. smile.gif I want to gather actual shots of cars at WCR to do a version with better production value and more options (maybe some 17" fuchs).

You know I think the deep dish version gave me a good enough idea. It would be cool to be able to copy the image to add the options to my thread. Actually if I could do that I may do a poll & really see what people think. Is that possible Nathan?
AZ914
Awesome man! I like the Phoenix Red w/Black look (like Nelson's car over at Series9).

In that utah914 photoshop thread, there was a 'pearlized' Porsche Yachting Blue over black/chrome that was killer.
nathansnathan
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 17 2012, 01:46 PM) *

QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Apr 17 2012, 01:15 PM) *

You know I think the deep dish version gave me a good enough idea. It would be cool to be able to copy the image to add the options to my thread. Actually if I could do that I may do a poll & really see what people think. Is that possible Nathan?

The best you can do for now is do a screenshot and upload it, sorry. smoke.gif
JRust
So Jerry PM'd me & has an opening to put my flares on piratenanner.gif . Going to drop it off saturday. Can't afford to get it painted yet but I can live with a little rat rod look for a while. Jerry will get them installed & ready for paint. Then they can sit in primer for a while. I'll drive it for the summer.

Next summer the buick 215 is getting pulled & a LS1 is going in smoke.gif
Michael N
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 16 2012, 09:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 16 2012, 10:18 PM) *

Hoping to see you.

No WCR for me this year. It's my twinsDaughters first Prom that friday night. No way I am missing them in their dresses.

Half considered pulling an all nighter to be there saturday. I'm better off putting the money I'd spend on my v8 though. So I am going to stay home & get some work done.

Photo shop flare thread
3d914

QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 16 2012, 10:26 PM) *

The one that's mostly functioning is here

Nathan, awesome tool man! Love it.
JRust
Dropped my 914-8 off at JMmotorsports to get my flares installed. Jerry does amazing work & I can't wait to get it back. I had my new tires installed on my 17" Rota's replica fuchs too. It's going to be sweet to get them on my car. Only wish I could afford to paint it now. I do have some Phoenix red I could spray the quarters with for a temporary job. It's that or I stick with the rat rod look through summer confused24.gif
Mike Bellis
RAT ROD! aktion035.gif
JRust
Added the hitch today so I can tow my 914 trailer behind my v8 conversion. Went pretty well. Huge thanks to Ian for doing all the welding for me. I think it turned out good. I'll get a bumper on it tomorrow & take a picture with the hitch in place. I've got to get my MC leak fixed in the morning. Once I have that I'll hook up the trailer & get another pic biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.