Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PARTS FINALY ON THE WAY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gopack
FINALY! smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif the sway bars and torsion bars I ordered are coming! (I refuse to bitch about percieved poor service, (begin mini-rant) but if something is out of stock, why can't the web site reflect that. 3 months on back order is a little silly! (end mini-rant) headbang.gif ) Time to find time to work on my poor car.... it has been getting lonely in the garage! Here is the plan:

22 mm sway bars
elephant racing strut bearings
elephant racing poly bronze bushings
911 struts and calipers and vented rotors
turbo tie rods
21 mm hollow torsion bars
reworked rear trailing arms with bushings and 5 lug conversion ( thanks eric shea)
914-6 rotors
bilsteins rear shocks
165 progressive springs
probably forgot something since i havent even looked at my parts pile in months , but you can see what I am going for here!

Now all I need to do is start thinking about the FUGLY paint and body work, and wheels , and interior etc. etc. etc.

I'm excited now!
nebreitling
awesome! time to have some fun smilie_pokal.gif
cha914
Unless those bronze bushings really change the dynamics of the front suspension your front is going to be way stiffer than your rear. I was running 22mm swaybar up front with 22 torsions and 175lb springs in the rear, and with the swaybar on full soft I was still really plowing in corners. I have since put the stock torsions back in and set the front sway to 3/4 hard and like the balance alot better. Based on what others have said in their setups, I will need to run 250lb springs in the rear to balance the car with the 22sway and 22 torsions...

Good luck, the car will be a totally new beast!

Tony
gopack
Well I saw that on previous posts. so I went for adjustable sway bars in the hope I could balance the car by softening the front! I hope I can get it right. (Hell I just hope I can figure it all out!)
Thanks for the input, I will certainly post my opinion when I get it back on the road again next year (I hope)!
Brett W
I don't know if your setup is a street or track setup, but on the street you are much better off going up just slightly on the Tbar size. When the car bounces through a rough corner it will really make you pucker up. I think you are better off with a big sway bar and almost stock Tbars. The car will ride much better on the street. What Cha914 said is right you will have a hell of a time getting the push out of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.