Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cam Timing Gear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
My trusty fleet mechanic decided he was going to help me out today and remove the gear from my cam. Drilled a nice hole right next to one of the rivets headbang.gif I was looking for a replacement and could only find a "0" gear at Pelican. Mine has a -2 stamp on it. Does it have to be an exact swap? If so, anyone know where to find one?

Thanks
Cap'n Krusty
In some cases it's pretty critical, in others you MAY be able to get by with a "0". The sizes reflect the spacing between the centerline of the crankshaft and that of the camshaft. Too tight and you could eat up the soft gear, too loose and it can rattle and wear prematurely. "-2" is smaller than a "0", so you may be a little tight. It's kind of a "feel" thing when assembling an engine. I may have what you need, but it may also be a while before I find it ................... HTH, The Cap'n
Allan
Cap'n, send me your delivery info so I can send you my oil cooler and cam gear. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.