Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: engine tray
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
malcolm2
Another casualty of the dealer installed AC is the tray and seal under the battery. I only need 20" or so and it really only need to be a couple of inches wide. I really need the channel the rubber seal slides into. I can buy the whole right side tray for $170, but I hate that, cause I only need such a little piece.

Hey while we are at it, anyone have a battery tray and stand?

Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
Looks like you need to fix that hell hole and also the back firewall too. I just completed these very same areas on Saturday. You can see pics of the repairs here.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=175292

Good luck and git 'er done!

Shoe

p.s. Go Hogs Go!
malcolm2
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 17 2012, 09:56 PM) *

Looks like you need to fix that hell hole and also the back firewall too. I just completed these very same areas on Saturday. You can see pics of the repairs here.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=175292

Good luck and git 'er done!

Shoe

p.s. Go Hogs Go!

Hey you are only a few hours from here. Come teach how to fix a hell hole, trunk hole, lower fire wall, etc... I have plenty for you to show me how to do.

You guys gonna get Sweet Lou to coach down there one more time before he kicks the bucket?

Go Vols
euro911
I recently had the same repairs done as well. I was looking for a thrashed tub to cut the parts from, but decided to bite the bullet - ordered a new shelf, battery tray and support from AA. The gentleman who performed the repairs (Milt) constructed the hell hole and firewall patch himself.

Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
The guy who did most of mine also made the hell hole patch from my old firewall. When I bought the car it came with a new firewall, engine shelf and inner fender wall from Restoration Design. Took about 40 hours total. We worked on it for 4 Saturdays in a row and knocked it out.
malcolm2
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 18 2012, 11:29 AM) *

The guy who did most of mine also made the hell hole patch from my old firewall. When I bought the car it came with a new firewall, engine shelf and inner fender wall from Restoration Design. Took about 40 hours total. We worked on it for 4 Saturdays in a row and knocked it out.

Does anyone know what gauge material should be used? I don't have a firewall to scrap. And of course most of the metal I have cut away is pretty tough to measure.

Thanks

Clark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.