Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sebring Exhaust, Good-Bad or What?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Good morning everyone, my '74 914 1.8 with 2.0 H.E.'s is in need of a new muffler. I was wondering if anyone here has used the Sebring exhaust system before. Please give me opinions on sound (too loud?) or durability. The car is currently my daily driver. Oh and YES I LOVE MY 914 driving.gif
type47
I have one on my '74 1.8L. I bought it because of the price (CSOB). It sounds OK and does the job. The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of support of the muffler/tailpipe; not that it has ever caused a problem, but it looks like it would oscillate enough to eventually fail (mine hasn't). I used some plumbing strap (copper strip with holes in it) to fashion up a type of support. If you get one new, maybe weld up a support ... or not.
reharvey
Three of my cars had this system on when I bought them. As already stated there is nothing to support the muffler/exhaust pipe and you'll need to make up something to do that. I replaced all of these with a better exhaust system and was amazed how much better the cars ran. I'm assuming the Sebring exhaust has a lot of back pressure. The Sebring exhaust is inexpensive but you'll get what you pay for. Ray
Thanks so much for the quick replys. I wanted to get a Triad system or a Monza setup but The guy that owns Triad said he was backed up at least 4wks. The Monza system I was told by Automotion was on back-order for the 2.0 style, and they had no idea when that would change. So I decided to go with the Sebring since it was 1. available and 2. fairly cheap!
timothy_nd28
Garold is selling a 2.0 Monza exhaust, that is in great condition. Last I checked, he only wanted 75.00 for it.
I think it's post #114 on the Hershey parts buy thread. His Monza really looks good.
914Bryan
QUOTE(914340 @ Apr 18 2012, 05:50 AM) *

Thanks so much for the quick replys. I wanted to get a Triad system or a Monza setup but The guy that owns Triad said he was backed up at least 4wks. The Monza system I was told by Automotion was on back-order for the 2.0 style, and they had no idea when that would change. So I decided to go with the Sebring since it was 1. available and 2. fairly cheap!

IMHO, wait for the Triad! When I purchased mine last December, I was told the same timeline..Which was about right. The sound of that exhaust is worth the wait!

Also, the guy that builds the exhaust is a one man show, and is very nice on the phone. Nice to support the "little guy" that makes such a unique product for our cars.

Just a thought.
speed metal army
Yep!Love the Triad! smile.gif
rwilner
If you have some bucks you might consider Chris Foley's exhaust...

On my shopping list once I get my 2056 built.

It's a bit expensive by 914 standards but quite reasonable by "performance exhaust" standards...I remember paying $1500 for a cat-back borla system for my mustang when I was 23.
Haudiosolutions
Bought one for my car and I think it sounds fine (not too quiet or loud). Fine for the price.
osvolant
I have one on my car. No issues with cracking or oscillating. It sounds ok- loud enough to be fun but doesn't drone at highway speed (can't hear it over the wind noise). Hard to beat for the price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.