Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
This guy has a few 914's and a ton of parts,, this ole boy does a lot of work for me, been working on these cars since they came out. Went by to visit with him today an happened to have my camera in the car, decided to snap a few pics of his shop.
StratPlayer
StratPlayer
StratPlayer
StratPlayer
StratPlayer
Brad Roberts
Me in 10years.

Except all the 914's sitting around will have sixes in them..

B
olav
Oh, you mean they'll be Boxturds...

smile.gif
Brad Roberts
Humm..

Olav.. that was pretty good "Boxturds"

I like it.

B
StratPlayer
I asked him one day what he charges to fix the clutch tunnel,, he said "80 dollars, 10 dollars to fix it, 70 dollars for the knowledge. LOL
Jeff Krieger
Wow, that guy's definitely got the 914 addiction. Great pics, thanks for posting them.
jwade
where's he located? pray.gif
StratPlayer
He's located in Salt Lake City EchoCanyons knows him also.
jdogg
Neat place!! I haven't seen that many teeners in 2 years, nevermind all at one place!
need4speed
Hey, the wheels on the black one in #4, what are those called?
boxstr
I always thought Auto Atlanta was in Georgia??
CCLINAALAND.
rick 918-S
Very coool!....Thanks for the post. Get him on the BBS!
kafermeister
QUOTE(need4speed @ May 8 2003, 08:37 PM)

They were made by at least two companies...maybe more. One was (Dan?) Gourney. I don't know if they made them or merely marketed them after sub-contracting the actual manufacturing off to someone else.

The gourney wheels should have some sort of identification stamped on the backside of the spokes. My dad has a set without any stampings. I think someone once told us his were American Racing wheels but I cannot confirm this.

Rick Harris
76 2.0
Ferg
In your #2 pic. The black car looks like it has cosmic wheels. These are pretty darn rare and the vw guys will pay big bucks for them. If in fact that is what they are, hard to tell from that angle. Ferg
Chris H.
Really cool. Thanks for posting these. It's sorta rare to see a car the same color as mine, Laguna Blue (or Lagoon depending on what book you read).

This is what you call a "good 'ol fashioned VW/Porsche mechanic place". I know of one of those around here, but the weedy lot is filled with much rustier old VWs. LOVE THOSE PLACES, don't you guys?

Chris
StratPlayer
I can get some better pictures of the wheels this guy has on some of these cars. He told me that he told George Hussey, bring 2 semi's and 35K and it's all yours, he never hear back from him. He must have 40 MPS's sitting on a shelf in his shop, they need to be tested he has all the stuff to test them just lets em sit there,, lol, I'll also snap some shots of all the parts this guys has.....
StratPlayer
Ferg,,, here is a better pic of the wheels that you had some questions about
Ferg
Yup, that's a cosmic all right. Don't know what they bring now a days, but I seem to remember they bring more than 400 bucks for a set... Way cool. Ferg.
Jeff Krieger
In the Need wheel pics thread, URY914 identified them as 15 x 6 American Racing wheels.

QUOTE(kafermeister @ May 9 2003, 04:39 AM)
QUOTE(need4speed @ May 8 2003, 08:37 PM)

They were made by at least two companies...maybe more. One was (Dan?) Gourney. I don't know if they made them or merely marketed them after sub-contracting the actual manufacturing off to someone else.

The gourney wheels should have some sort of identification stamped on the backside of the spokes. My dad has a set without any stampings. I think someone once told us his were American Racing wheels but I cannot confirm this.

Rick Harris
76 2.0
StratPlayer
Sad, stopped by his shop today and the black teener in pic 4,, someone smashed the driver an passenger side windows out, didn't steal anything just smashed the windows out.
Aaron Cox
cosmic wheels...from what i read, were an option from all english porsche dealers. available in 5 and 4 lug pattern i think. very cool when they got porsche centercaps!
Zeke
QUOTE(olav @ May 8 2003, 01:55 PM)
Oh, you mean they'll be Boxturds...

smile.gif

That statement shows me why I should refrain from trying to be a smart ass. Thank you for the reminder.
GWN7
here's a pic of the ones on my son's 70
StratPlayer
I just finished talking to the guy who owns this shop, he said it would ok if I gave out his phone number and said anyone looking for something or has any questions that it will be ok for anyone to give him a call and ask whatever you need to ask.

I never thought he would go for that but he said it was ok, so anyone looking for some parts or anything else just give him a call

His number : 801-532-3697

His name is Ed Andrews hope this can help anyone in need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.