Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mid America Motorworks "Tweeks"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
retrotech
Does anyone have any experience with fiberglass front fenders [narrow body], from Mid Americe Motorworks @ $149.99.
Any advise or experienced appreciated.

Retro
Jeroen
Not 100% sure, but I think that's what Paul (URY914) started out with

cheers,

Jeroen
URY914
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Oct 5 2004, 03:50 PM)
Not 100% sure, but I think that's what Paul (URY914) started out with

cheers,

Jeroen

You are good, Jeroen.

I did start out with those. Tweeks was the only place I could find them. They are actually made by a Corvette(!!!) f/g manufaturer.

They are very nice. The lip at the wheel edge is clean and nice. There is no lip or channel for the hood gasket. And they are a complete piece made to completely replace the stock fenders.

Would I replace a stock metal fender with a stock f/g fender?

No, stay with metal on a street/daily driver car. I think it would de-value the car greatly. I don't think anyone here would buy a car with f/g quaterpanels.

A race car is a different story.

Paul
retrotech
I am faced with a damaged fender that will have filler to repair. I wasn't excited about welding on another fender, so I thought why not loose some weight. I guess the hood gasket would be an issue?
So you say, weld replacement fender, work the origiinal that will need some filler?
URY914
Yes, stick with steel. Even welding one on may be less work than f/g, due to some of the details you'd need to work out.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.