Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Accessory Wood Dash Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
flat4tom
Hello all,

I'm looking for a nice condition wood dash kit sold by the dealers back in the day.

This will be for my '73 914 so no dash ignition switch hole.

I lifted this picture as an example of what I would like to find.

Shoot me a picture if you have one available and let me know what $$'s you'd want for it.

Thx for reading
Tom

TheCabinetmaker
I'm a retired master cabinetmaker. I can custom make anything you want. I work cheap.
dlee1967
I have one out of my '72 if it fits the bill. It will be coming out as I am going to stock basketweave. I would suggest refinishing it, but it appears to be in good shape. Offer?

Click to view attachment
euro911
I just need a good template to make one. If anybody is able to trace one out, PM me.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 18 2012, 12:06 PM) *

I just need a good template to make one. If anybody is able to trace one out, PM me.

I'd love a CAD file of one....
dlee1967
When I take my dash face off, I can whip up a quick AutoCad file so that World members and cheap SOBs like Aaron can make their own......kidding Aaron. Good to see you're back.....David Lee
euro911
David, could you burn a copy for me too ... on R-14 format? (how's that for cheap) laugh.gif

OT:
I also have a .dwg that's on 2010, but since I'm retired, don't have access to a current version of AC to convert it to R-14 dry.gif

I'd gladly pay for the disc(s) and postage smile.gif
dlee1967
Bad news and good news. The bad news is that the dash in my car is a three piece unit that came out in four pieces. The installer used something like industrial liquid nails to make sure it didn't "fall off".

The good news is I will draw it up tomorrow in AutoCad (very basic drawing as I am not going to put in the chamfers except for the glove box door where it is necessary) and will make it available to the group. I've see a few of these put in with magnets and some with adheisive.

The drawing will show the actual thickness, but I suggest going as thin as possible so as not to interfere with the light switches. This one is a bit thick and if you have sausage fingers, you might have trouble with the light switches.

David Lee

Click to view attachment
Qarl
LOL. I posted another thread about this today and didn't even see another was started.

See! I am still current on things!

Q
Aaron Cox
<--- CSOB indeed smile.gif

I remember making a CAD file YEAAAAAAAAAAAAARS ago when i did my dash, but that was 3 computers ago sad.gif

Thanks David!
dlee1967
OK guys. I have a quicky CAD file available. Send an email to me with your prefrerred email address and I will send a copy. Keep in mind that this may need some fitting for your particular car. Maybe print it full sized first, cut it out and test fit before putting sawblade to that exotic zebrawood! I would also double check the holes for the glovebox handle before you drill, or better yet, use your metal glove box door as a template as the holes in my wood dash are wonky.

The drawing is based on the wood dash pulled off my 72. Keep in mind the steering column is different for earlier cars and real sixes. If I were to make up a wood dash, I would also make it only 1/2 the thickness shown in the drawing.

David Le
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.