Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS:1974 Limited Edition Creamsicle 914- SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
JRust
I have been restoring this Creamsicle going on 4 years now. It has been a long slow process with plenty of ups & downs. To start with it was a very solid car with very little rust. Just a bit on the battery tray but none below in the hell hole. I replaced the battery tray & it's support. I rebuilt the motor & the transmission. There is about 4000 miles on the drivetrain now. Most of which came on my trip down to Lake Havasu & route 66. It was a 914 get together & I made the 2500+ mile trip in my LE. I have the Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche for it. I can't guarantee it with the sale of the car yet. I have not been able to find it since a move a year & a half ago. I think it will still turn up but no guarantee's. I also have the original window sticker for it. At some point in it's life it got a reconstructed title. I was so upset when I found out. There was only one fender that had damage. The drivers front fender had a tear in it form the top of the turn signal to the middle of the front wheel arch. That is the only damage to it. I found a little filler behind the passenger door when I got it painted. There was nothing anywhere else. Not frame damage, no panels replaced. All the original welds were in place & no strange creases or crinkles. The reconstructed on the title is not warranted at all. I would worry about that on a newer car with all the air bag's , plastic & sensor's. This is a 914 & it is in Excellent shape. Anyone seeing your car would not have a clue about the title. So I am not trying to hide anything here. It does have a reconstructed Oregon title & there isn't anything I can do about that. I can tell you this is a very nice restored 914.

The paint is about 2 years old but it hasn't been on the road much during that time. I would rate the paint a solid 8.5 out of 10. There are a few small touch ups & blemishes. I would say it isn't quite concours condition. Only on close inspection would anyone be able to see the minor flaws. The drivetrain is solid & very fresh. The motor was completely torn down & rebuilt as was the transmission. I just made a 2500 mile drive in it with only a minor problem. The transmission was leaking from the front main shaft seal. I replaced that & no more leaks. The motor ran a little warmer in Lake Havasu & the dry hot country there than in Oregon. No overheating just warmer than I was used to. I found brand new Stainless Steel heat exchangers for it during the restoration. The heat works excellent! This restoration I kept everything stock. It will need a new windshield. Much to my anger on my trip was catching a pebble on the windshield. It cracked & made me scream profane things as I drove down the road. I had waited 4 months for the windshield which was a NOS stock windshield that came from Germany. So it was a big pisser seeing it get cracked. The brakes were all rebuilt & the interior is Excellent. I found an uncracked dash & installed it. The carpet is all new & the backad has no cracks. The seats are in Excellent shape with one minor tear on the drivers seat. The door panels are Excellent. I would rate the interior a solid 9.5 out of 10. It also has the rear window defrost which is fairly rare in 914's.

Here is a link to my resto thread http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=creamsicle

Check out the Resto thread for more pics. Price is $15,000 & I am open to partial trades/offers. Feel free to give me a call with any questions- Jamie: Five4one five1zero 00eight6
jbyron
Beautiful car. GLWS.
sean_v8_914
I really enjoyed gong thru your restoration thread again. very nice
Gustl
would buy it in a second if there were no shipping costs and customs fees dry.gif

really nice one driving.gif
BajaXJ92
Such a nice car! wub.gif
scottconover
Drop Dead Gorgeous!
Mr.242
QUOTE(Gustl @ Apr 19 2012, 08:29 AM) *

would buy it in a second if there were no shipping costs and customs fees dry.gif

really nice one driving.gif

Own the car and keep it in OREGON. Plane trips to come for visitations and hang out with us PNW guys would be great! I'm sure Mr. Rust would protect it and have it all ready for you upon your arrival.

Some people have vacation homes. You have a vacation LE 914! beerchug.gif
Chris H.
Worth....every....penny....someone could enjoy it for a bit and flip it in 6 mos for more $$$.
JRust
Bump
biosurfer1
beerchug.gif get that LS1 done and come show it off down here soon!
JRust
I'm willing to deal a bit so I can buy the LS1 v8 listed.
JRust
Put on ebay for one last run.
biosurfer1
Did you ever hear back from the buyer?
billh1963
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Aug 2 2012, 01:37 PM) *

In his thread in the garage it looks like the car is going to Mexico City
JRust
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 2 2012, 10:48 AM) *

At this point it looks like that was an attempt at a scam dry.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 2 2012, 02:41 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 2 2012, 10:48 AM) *

At this point it looks like that was an attempt at a scam dry.gif

Are you serious?????????

Wow!
biosurfer1
I would go to the next highest bidder, otherwise list once more and reject anyone with less than 5 feedback.

sorry Jamie
JRust
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Aug 3 2012, 07:29 AM) *

I would go to the next highest bidder, otherwise list once more and reject anyone with less than 5 feedback.

sorry Jamie

Nah I'm done with ebay. I had it listed to reject anyone with negative feedback. As far as I know there isn't an option for rejecting anyone with 0 feedback. It's a bunch of crap & I am not going to screw with it again for a car. I'd rather sell it to someone I know anyway. It would be nice to have the coin for my LS1 conversion & a few other things. At the same time. I can just do my LS1 over time. Then enjoy driving my Creamsicle some more smile.gif . So it is still for sale but I am content to keep it & drive it until the right buyer comes along smile.gif
JRust
icon_bump.gif Before winter sets in biggrin.gif
JRust
I have my car in Sonoma at Original Customs. Getting a little fine tuning (was running lean) & the windshield replaced. I'll be picking it up Monday night & driving it home. Anyone in CA that wants to see it this is as close as you are likely to get until possibly next summer. Any questions on it feel free to give Mark a call. He know my car very well
JRust
icon_bump.gif I am heading down to Disneyland with the Family thanksgiving week. I can flat tow it down if anyone in the So Cal area is interested in checking it out.
ramcycle
Do you still have the car? You mentioned trades - I have a 2003 BMW 530i Sport, black on black with the steptronic automatic transmission. I live near Seattle. Where in Oregon are you?
JRust
QUOTE(ramcycle @ Nov 15 2012, 07:16 PM) *

Do you still have the car? You mentioned trades - I have a 2003 BMW 530i Sport, black on black with the steptronic automatic transmission. I live near Seattle. Where in Oregon are you?

PM sent! Give me a call with any questions 5four1 5one0 00eight6 smile.gif
JRust
Car is Sold cheer.gif . Congrats to Tommy a fellow member
montoya 73 2.0
Right on Jamie thumb3d.gif and congrats to Tommy!
Mr.242
Congrats to the new owner!

Nine_14
Hi Montoya, the 3D print of the Fuchs rim looks nice smile.gif
tumamilhem
Thanks everybody and Jamie! I'm very much looking forward to receiving it! And especially thanks to Jamie who has been very considerate, generous, informative and helpful over our communications over the last month. My first friend in 914 World. I actually found this site by researching LE cars and his restoration thread came up. So it's been a nice initiation into 914 World.

And coincidentally, this LE was made on my birthday in February of 1974. How cool is THAT? smile.gif

Now somebody please buy my red 1975 914 in the classifieds! biggrin.gif
Gint
Grat's man! Both of you for that matter.
tumamilhem
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 28 2012, 10:35 PM) *

Grat's man! Both of you for that matter.

Thank you, sir! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.