Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone have the dash face insert in CAD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
My original dash face was warped badly when I disassembled.

I can't seem to find a NOS replacement piece. (unless someone else knows).

If you have a file, can you shoot me a PM. (I can always draw it out in CAD, but why recreate the wheel).

I'm thinking about having a custom insert cut out of aluminum, brushed steel, or black anodized aluminum...

I know there are places that make carbon fiber and stuff, but I may add/remove various switches and items.

Thanks,

Q
quadracerx
Id be interested in the same thing....but I want to cover it in Carbon Fiber look vinyl...Id even be willing to pay a small fee...(remember I said SMALL...LOL)

Thanks,

Steve

QUOTE(Qarl @ Apr 18 2012, 03:48 PM) *

My original dash face was warped badly when I disassembled.

I can't seem to find a NOS replacement piece. (unless someone else knows).

If you have a file, can you shoot me a PM. (I can always draw it out in CAD, but why recreate the wheel).

I'm thinking about having a custom insert cut out of aluminum, brushed steel, or black anodized aluminum...

I know there are places that make carbon fiber and stuff, but I may add/remove various switches and items.

Thanks,

Q

Qarl
I believe a number of outfits already sell carbon fiber inserts (or maybe carbon fiber look). not sure

matthepcat
I made my aluminum dash using the old wood dash pieces that I pulled off my car.

What year car do you have?

IPB Image
rmital
I have it in autocad and PDF. Pm me your email address and I'll send
Haudiosolutions
O.T. Love the pug pic
rmital
QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 18 2012, 09:00 PM) *

I have it in autocad and PDF. Pm me your email address and I'll send

sorry...thought the file had the dash in there too. The CAD file only had the templates for the center console.
Aaron Cox
I too am looking for the CAD file.

Got a laser cutter at work....
quadracerx
Not sure if anyone already makes these...but Id like the dash face and center console made from thin gauge metal...suitable to cover in "carbon fiber look" vinyl. I have a dash bezel already covered and Im trying to match it to the dash and center console...

Thanks,

Steve
matthepcat
Just buy one of the cheap kits out there and wrap it with the vinyl of your choice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.