Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Single DIN stereo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
timothy_nd28
I have my dash all taken apart. I came across this on ebay, and was wondering if you guys think. Will there be any clearance issues with the motorized screen?
LINK

Click to view attachment
underthetire
My guess it's going to hit the lower dash pad.
McMark
agree.gif No good unless you ditch the lower pad. The screen angle is adjustable, so it MIGHT be okay.

But don't be fooled by the pictures. The screen does NOT look that good. Resolution is 480x240 which is LESS that SD tv (old tv).
Chris914n6
wow. i thought 800x480 was poor. i think the typical smart phone is higher res than that.
rjames
To each their own, but I'm curious how much movie watching you or a passenger would be doing in a 914?
LotusJoe
I saw this retro Porsche single DIN unit and thought this would be great. However it only works in Europe. I then found a single DIN unit by JVC that look almost the same. So I bought 2....one for the 914 and one for my Lotus.

Porsche Unit $780.00!! yikes!
Click to view attachment

JVC unit
Click to view attachment
Prospectfarms
At first, I was morbidly fascinated by the concept, but now I understand better. I associate DVD players with my 4-year old in the backseat of the van, but the map/gps makes sense if you like that feature.

Now that is off my chest, may I ask in a hijacking kind of way, where is an "inexpensive," somewhat retro-styled radio that fits well? Less than $200?
LotusJoe
QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Apr 19 2012, 06:01 AM) *

At first, I was morbidly fascinated by the concept, but now I understand better. I associate DVD players with my 4-year old in the backseat of the van, but the map/gps makes sense if you like that feature.

Now that is off my chest, may I ask in a hijacking kind of way, where is an "inexpensive," somewhat retro-styled radio that fits well? Less than $200?

I mainly wanted satellite radio and navigation. The single DIN unit by JVC is discontinued so I just shopped around for old stock or used units. I bought one new for $249.00 and one used for $200.00. The used unit actually had more accessories, so it turned out to be a better deal. I actually have no interest in watching DVDs, it was the other features that interested me and it is a single DIN unit. I also do like the ability to store a lot of music.
Mr. 5150
and the remote come in handy. J/S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.