Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classified's problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
I'm subscribed to the classified ads so I get an email notice whenever there is something new posted. I got this link in an email: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...ST&f=20&t=18028

Unfortunately, when I click the link it says:

IBForums Message
Sorry, an error occured. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You do not have permission to view this topic

What's up with that?
seanery
it was probably an ad that was deleted.
ThinAir
Ah! It would be nice if it said that instead of telling me I didn't have permission to view it!
Rusty
Sorry, the system doesn't know the difference. huh.gif

Once it's deleted from the forum, even if you have an old link to the topic, that's all the system knows.

-Rusty smoke.gif
ThinAir
At least from now on I'll know. I hate making more work for people by asking unnecessary stuff. Thanks Lawrence!
lapuwali
Assuming that message can be changed (and it should be able to be, esp. if everything's in PHP), adding text that says something like "(the post may have been deleted)" in addition to the permissions msg would forestall having people ask this question again.
ArtechnikA
i asked that a while ago and Jeroen told me to pissoff.gif so i wouldn't be holding my breath. i still think it's an unnecessarily condescending and pissy message, but oh well.
Jeroen
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Oct 6 2004, 03:22 PM)
i asked that a while ago and Jeroen told me to pissoff.gif

I did? rolleyes.gif
Some days I'm worse than others I guess biggrin.gif

If I can find it fast, I'll change it somewhat...
If not, you're shit outta luck biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.