Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Cap Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
warrenoliver
I just got a new dash cap from JC Whitney. piratenanner.gif Looks pretty nice but now I have to get it on. I plan to just clip it on and not glue it down like a lot of others have done. I tried to put it on but it does not go on as easily as I thought. Do I have to take off the A pillar trim in order to get this thing on?

Thanks.

Warrenoliver
KENNY
Yes
Spoke
Is this the glue-on type of plastic cap or a Dash top replacement.

My 914 came with a plastic dash cap. The PO gave it to me when I purchased the car and I just placed it on top of the dash to drive home. Since 2003, I have not glued the cap on and it fits pretty good just sitting there....
warrenoliver
QUOTE(Spoke @ Apr 19 2012, 09:10 AM) *

Is this the glue-on type of plastic cap or a Dash top replacement.

My 914 came with a plastic dash cap. The PO gave it to me when I purchased the car and I just placed it on top of the dash to drive home. Since 2003, I have not glued the cap on and it fits pretty good just sitting there....

Spoke and Kenny,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, it is the glue on plastic dash cap and I too hope to just set it on top of my already cracked dash. The problem I am having is that it is too long so looks like I will have to take off the A Pillar mouldings - I will probably crack them too! hissyfit.gif
luskesq
I got one from JC Whitney and yes, A-pillar moldings do need to come off. I saw no need to use the silicone that came with the cap. Fits nice and tight. If a need arises down the road it is easy enough to remove and then glue. I did however need to trim a very small amount around one side next to the ashtray. I'm happy with the appearance, function and cost. To remove the A-pillar molding it is helpful to first loosen the interior molding across the top.

Keith
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.