Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Watched-for UPS Truck Never Arrives
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
There's a box in a UPS truck somewhere in Flagstaff that has been wandering the streets looking for my house since 4:30 this morning. It's coming from HPH with the ignition switch for the '70 rental 914 so I can drive it again. Most important it's got my shiny "new" heads so I can start the reassembly on the '73 engine. It's frustrating having to wait! headbang.gif headbang.gif
Andyrew
Ah yes, I hate those brown trucks, pass by my house 2 times a day, always teasing me....
tommy914
What's worse is tracking it on a web site, and seeing that it says "delivered" when there is not a package anywhere to be seen.

FedEx did that on my last shipment. They delivered it to a neighbors house, even though the address was correct on the box and my neighbor wasn't home to sign for it either. Thankfully, I have honest neighbors.

The UPS guy never makes that mistake. He knows I'm the only "car" guy on the block.
thomasotten
I had a UPS truck come as late as 9 one evening. I think they beat them if they don't make all their deliveries. Why is my house always the last on the delivery route?
ThinAir
Good things come to those who wait! Finally showed up at about 8:45 p.m. Ain't they purty?!?! biggrin.gif - well I was gonna post a picture but it says "You cannot upload this type of file". I've never had trouble with a jpg before! huh.gif

Funny thing is, this same driver was at my wife's work at 2 this afternoon - less than a mile from here. If it had been the regular driver she could have asked him for the package, but this guy was a sub who was already running way behind.
ThinAir
Maybe it'll work this time
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.