Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camber adjustment Pictures just added
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geezer914
I just had my 914 aligned and the most they could get for the front camber was .1 on the left front and .4 on the right. I plan on doing some auto crossing. How can I get more camber without spending $450 on a set of custom camber plates?

See pics third post
SirAndy
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Apr 19 2012, 12:02 PM) *
I just had my 914 aligned and the most they could get for the front camber was .1 on the left front and .4 on the right. I plan on doing some auto crossing. How can I get more camber without spending $450 on a set of custom camber plates?

WTF.gif
You can get close to -2 degrees in the front with the stock setup ...

Might be time to switch alignment shops.
dry.gif
Geezer914
Pictures. Is there room for more camber adjustment?
jmill
Yup, but it looks like they have caster maxed out. If they decreased your positive caster they could give you more neg camber. The closer the shock mounts are to the inside the more neg camber you have. They can slide them inboard until they touch the body if you wanted.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jmill @ Apr 19 2012, 04:42 PM) *
Yup, but it looks like they have caster maxed out.

agree.gif

Your alignment shop does know the difference between camber and caster, right? blink.gif

Also, the washers under the top nuts are supposed to be bend up to prevent the nut from turning.
They are the lock style the sits in the groove of the thread, correct?
popcorn[1].gif

There's plenty of negative camber left in your setup ...
smash.gif
Woody
What's the ride height on the car. Also makes a difference.
ellisor3
Might also check to make sure nothing is bent. You would be surprised how often a spindle or shock tower has a lean.
jmill
Here's mine at max neg camber.
Geezer914
jmill, how much negative camber did you wind up with? Thanks
jmill
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Apr 20 2012, 06:15 AM) *

jmill, how much negative camber did you wind up with? Thanks

Don't know. My teener is still up on jackstands and I havent done the alignment. Check out the pictures to see how far over the bolts can go and how much room yours can still move over.

jmill
It also looks like you need to bend down that piece of sheet metal circled to have the plate slide over it and get rid of some of your positive caster. Positive caster is great until you try and park. It makes the wheel harder to turn when stopped.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.