Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 engine tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
Well, someone took me up on a set of my Backyard "Dan" 914-6 tin. Just finished it last night. I will post in the parts part of the Forum. If anyone else is interested, it is $100 for the 3 pieces. This is my first set I have made for anyone on the list. I won't mention any "Evil" names, but once recieved, hopefully the person will give feeback good or bad on the tin. I will post pic's here. Oh, this order was w/o the heater hose holes drilled, but I peaned the centers so they could be drilled later. Here is the 1st pic, yeah, I still have my pinhole $25 dig camera. rolleyes.gif
Root_Werks
A little closer shot, I only have a flux core mig, so welding on the little nuts is a little messy, but works awesome.
Root_Werks
I'll post this last one here. Turned the tin upside-down so you can see some of the folds and drilled holes. It is cut-bend,cut-bend on the dual radious stuff, but since I use 22 gauge steel, it is very strong. I played with one set a while back and welded up the little cuts, ground them smooth which made them even stronger, but you just don't see any of the cuts except the along the very front. So didn't seem to be worth it.

But there you go. I will post ordering info in the appropaite place. I don't mean to put a plug here, just excited to have my first club order. That rocks! biggrin.gif

Also, anyone who asked for tin templates will get them soon. I sat down last night and drew out a bunch on file folders. I won't do anymore after these though. It just took too much time. cool.gif So if I have responded to you saying you will get them, you will soon. Also will include the template for drilling the un-marked oil tank hole.

I love making this stuff and wish I could do this for a living. laugh.gif
Root_Werks
Oops, Pic:
Trekkor
Nice work, Dan. clap56.gif

Thanks for your effort!

KT
Root_Werks
wink.gif
SLITS
Maybe, just maybe, I might need some.
Dr Evil

Slits, having two 4cyl motors with a total of 6 working cylinders, not even having 4 of those that are working on the same engine, does not necessitate you using 6cyl engine tin. wink.gif

Root,
gimme, gimme, gimme. Now I have to put my engine together and put it in the damn car. Easy? Oh ya you becha <_<
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 6 2004, 12:17 PM)
Root,
gimme, gimme, gimme. Now I have to put my engine together and put it in the damn car. Easy? Oh ya you becha dry.gif

laugh.gif Funny. I plan on going to UPS today after goofing off all day, I mean work. unsure.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 6 2004, 01:17 PM)

Slits, having two 4cyl motors with a total of 6 working cylinders, not even having 4 of those that are working on the same engine, does not necessitate you using 6cyl engine tin. wink.gif

Root,
gimme, gimme, gimme. Now I have to put my engine together and put it in the damn car. Easy? Oh ya you becha dry.gif

Ok Mike, but at least I don't have an engine with rubber main bearings smilie_pokal.gif and reverse rotation

If I were to put two together, wouldn't I need tin for a 908?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.