"We're bigger than US Steel"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGGGixPDmeE

cheer.gif

Admin edit: Embedded it for 'ya!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGGGixPDmeE

74porsche914
That's amazing. I love this show!
74porsche914
The only thing they missed in this episode, which I was looking forward to, was the test drive in another minty one.
URY914
Very cool. beerchug.gif
914GT
Great episode, but looks like they don't list all of the parts that they replaced. For example the front bumper pad appears to be new.
markb
QUOTE(914GT @ Apr 19 2012, 08:53 PM) *

Great episode, but looks like they don't list all of the parts that they replaced. For example the front bumper pad appears to be new.

Yup, I noticed that too. The backpad looked different also. There are a few good tips.
Rand
If they listed all the stuff omitted from the tv appearance the price would always be higher.

Oh, and Weidmans would cringe at that wheel restoration. Ooooof Did you see the stuff he left behind, especially in the inside corners??? Wow.

Yeah, quick TV production and whatever it takes to make that look good.

BUT, criticism aside... I LOVE IT. Great episode.
pete000
Neat ending !

Front and rear valances would have been nice to finish it up "proper" as they say in Britain ! smilie_pokal.gif

Oh, and what was that new thermostat from a late bug? I was able to find an orig style replacement for mine.
PeeGreen 914
That was a great episode smile.gif I love that the guy bought it back. How awesome is that beerchug.gif
rjames
QUOTE(74porsche914 @ Apr 19 2012, 07:10 PM) *

The only thing they missed in this episode, which I was looking forward to, was the test drive in another minty one.

agree.gif
I kept waiting for that to happen, and then the episode was over with. sad.gif
biosurfer1
they stopped doing that a while back

QUOTE(rjames @ Apr 20 2012, 10:54 AM) *

QUOTE(74porsche914 @ Apr 19 2012, 07:10 PM) *

agree.gif
I kept waiting for that to happen, and then the episode was over with. sad.gif

rick 918-S
Worth the time to watch it. Ya, they did way more than they listed but the end justified the means. beerchug.gif
Andyrew
The seller/buyer is the real winner of that... He had all the things done to his car for 4k that he wanted to bring it back to where he wanted it to be... They probably spent 200 on a steering wheel, 800 on new rubber bumper tops, and labor would have been crazy...

PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 20 2012, 12:30 PM) *

The seller/buyer is the real winner of that... He had all the things done to his car for 4k that he wanted to bring it back to where he wanted it to be..crazy...

Well, in our dollar it was more like $8000. Still, refreshed engine, interior gone through, paint cleaned up, all worth it to the old/new owner.
johannes
I am sorry, but this is a repost ...

Full story here :

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=151790
JawjaPorsche
That was fun watching! I can't believe that teener was only running with two injectors out! Hard to believe they found a teener with no rust too! Sounds like fantasy land!

Coming up this week: They fix up an old VW bug.
johannes
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Apr 22 2012, 03:33 AM) *

Hard to believe they found a teener with no rust too!

That was not a European car. More likely a california import... No fuel injected 1.8 were sold in Europe.
Mr.242
Two things I noticed:

1) Tach didn't work when he re-started the cleaned up motor.

2) @ 33:18 "the money making potential of this 914 could shrink fast"
lol-2.gif NO SHIT! av-943.gif Was he talking EVER? or just this one car? I took it as EVER and it made me laugh.....

Good to watch nonetheless....
Type 47
I love this show...

The main take away here is...more exposure for the nine one four. aktion035.gif
Rotary'14
I just watched the show and I enjoyed it. I love to see more exposure for our beloved little cars.
BUT,,, my BS meter was pegged by the end of the show when they sold the car back to the original owner for a tidy profit. I smell a bit of a ringer here,, my hypothesis is that the show and the owner reached an agreement so he could have his car "overhauled" and returned just the way he wanted it. That's how really nice pieces ended up on the car but not in the budget. Just my humble opinion,,, I did like watching it.

-Robert
Dr Evil
Not one mention or pic of the hell hole? Still entertaining.
sfrenck
The show is airing on Velocity next week (10/10 where I live). I've watched it on Youtube - but will watch it sitting on the coach with a beer for some much needed motivation beer3.gif

Couple thread links:

The Story of the car

Post from the show's producers
gollygwagen
Shoot, they removed it. Too slow on the draw like usual. :-(
carr914
QUOTE(gollygwagen @ Oct 4 2012, 09:48 AM) *

Shoot, they removed it. Too slow on the draw like usual. :-(

agree.gif
EdwardBlume
Still wanting to see the episode. They don't have their episodes too available around the net...
johannes
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 21 2012, 07:19 PM) *

Still wanting to see the episode. They don't have their episodes too available around the net...

The episode was available on youtube for six month, but has been removed...

MP me
ScoopLV
QUOTE(johannes @ Apr 20 2012, 01:05 PM) *

I am sorry, but this is a repost ...

Full story here :

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=151790

Damn... wish I had my teener when that post was new. Free trip to England with my car? Works for me.

(Actually, I would have probably totaled the car and killed someone 15 minutes after arriving. I tried to drive on the left in Anguilla. I can't do it. I take the trains and taxis whenever I'm in England.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.