Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To anyone with the Innovate MTX-L...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
What size sensor bung do I need? I know a regular O2 sensor is 18x1.5 but I don't see anywhere on Innovate's site that lists the size and an optional bung you can buy on Amazon says 18x1.25, so I'm not sure now.

Any ideas?
falconfp2001
I had the same Sensor, it will take this bung
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/mild-st...-3735-p-71.html

18x1.5

All O2 sensors are the same I think.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Apr 19 2012, 09:23 PM) *

I had the same Sensor, it will take this bung
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/mild-st...-3735-p-71.html

18x1.5

All O2 sensors are the same I think.

agree.gif
All use same 18mm metric thread. Even the Amerikan Kars.
Mike Bellis
BTW... Love my Innovate WB O2 sensor and display with turbo timer. I could not tune my EFI as easy without it and I would not run a turbo without a WB sensor.
falconfp2001
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 19 2012, 09:30 PM) *

BTW... Love my Innovate WB O2 sensor and display with turbo timer. I could not tune my EFI as easy without it and I would not run a turbo without a WB sensor.

Do you have the LC-1? My MTX is stromberg.gif shit. I got the AEM analog and it works much better.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Apr 19 2012, 09:37 PM) *

Do you have the LC-1? My MTX is stromberg.gif shit. I got the AEM analog and it works much better.

I have this one

IPB Image

and this (dual WB controller. Comes with Bosch sensors)

IPB Image
rwilner
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Apr 20 2012, 12:37 AM) *

this is also my experience.
biosurfer1
awesome...hopefully mine turns out better dry.gif

QUOTE(rwilner @ Apr 20 2012, 04:16 AM) *

QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Apr 20 2012, 12:37 AM) *

this is also my experience.

tradisrad
post-2-1117899824.gif

Why is it a pile? I've got one and have not noticed any issues. What should I look for to see if it's post-2-1117899824.gif
rwilner
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Apr 20 2012, 09:58 AM) *

Why is it a pile?

I couldn't get mine to work. If yours works, then no worries!

Lots of people use them, it just didn't work for me for whatever reason.
DBCooper
Mine worked... for a month. Took me a while to replace the sensor (work, travel) still no joy, out of warranty, parts in a box, bummer.
falconfp2001
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Apr 20 2012, 06:58 AM) *

post-2-1117899824.gif

Why is it a pile? I've got one and have not noticed any issues. What should I look for to see if it's post-2-1117899824.gif

When I installed mine, it would take maybe five minutes to heat up. Then sometimes it never worked at all. Of course, I did calibrate it twice to see if that was the problem but still had same symptoms. After about a week, it failed completely. Still don't have any idea what was wrong with it but after waiting, 3 days for a support response and then several e-mails trying to get support. I just chucked it.

I went with the AEM Analog that rwilner suggested on his build thread. Worked great after install and no issues with warming up or showing readings. I have another one I bought to trouble shoot some issues but found it was my own wiring that created the problem. Damn crimped connectors. That is why I like soldered connectors with heat shrink instead.
falconfp2001
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 19 2012, 09:46 PM) *

I have this one

IPB Image

and this (dual WB controller. Comes with Bosch sensors)

IPB Image

I thought you were running a rotary with a turbo? You actually have two exhaust pipes out of that thing? WOW
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Apr 20 2012, 09:51 PM) *

I thought you were running a rotary with a turbo? You actually have two exhaust pipes out of that thing? WOW

Single 4" exhaust, Multiple bungs. 4 bungs to be exact. 1 is being used for my EGT probe. The second O2 is not installed right now. can't decide if I want to use it or keep it as a spare. I have the extra cable coiled up next to the controller.

My O2 controller has to be callibrated too. Little pot on the front, turn it until the light flashes fast. Only PITA is the sensor has to be in free air and not on the exhaust to callibrate it correctly.
falconfp2001
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Apr 20 2012, 11:35 AM) *

Mine worked... for a month. Took me a while to replace the sensor (work, travel) still no joy, out of warranty, parts in a box, bummer.

Have an extra AEM for sale if your interested?
DBCooper
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Apr 20 2012, 10:20 PM) *

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Apr 20 2012, 11:35 AM) *

Have an extra AEM for sale if your interested?

Yes, definitely interested. PM me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.