Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: /6 Top End Seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
I always find is astounding how many seals come in a Reinz top end kit for a /6.

Many never get used.

Here are some good examples. See if you can identify these seals:

Jeffs9146
The small black fat one is the injector seal. The middle sized black one is for the cold start injector mount.
Series9
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:16 AM) *

The small black fat one is the injector seal. The middle sized black one is for the cold start injector mount.

Yes and yes. What's surprising is that this kit was for a 3.2, not a CIS engine. I understand that the kits are made to cover a range of engines, but this kit didn't come with head gaskets. The 3.2 doesn't use them, but the 3.0 does.
Jeffs9146
I also think one of the blue ones if for the cold start injector and slids over the injector before mounting it to the out side of the mount! And one of the brass ones is the fuel banjo fitting washer for the cold start injector!
J P Stein
I always wondered what that small fat black one was for. biggrin.gif
The small blue *look* like through bolt case seals but without my greasy hands on em' they don't ring any bells.
No seals for the oil return tubes.
The big black un' looks like the cam seal.

The first time I opened a full rebuild kit I sez to my self..."MY GAWD! This is no SB Chebbie".
brp986s
Victor Reinz went 3rd world and are now junk. Get your sets from Wilwood Racing. Atleast I think that's the name. Sold thru Supertec Performance. A nice sealant kit is sold there, too containing 574, Threebond, etc with instructions on which to use and where. I was able to build a leak-free engine finally.
Series9
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 20 2012, 12:15 PM) *

The big black un' looks like the cam seal.

I think that's actually a throttle body seal. The cam seals are red.
Series9
QUOTE(brp986s @ Apr 20 2012, 12:44 PM) *

Victor Reinz went 3rd world and are now junk. Get your sets from Wilwood Racing. Atleast I think that's the name. Sold thru Supertec Performance. A nice sealant kit is sold there, too containing 574, Threebond, etc with instructions on which to use and where. I was able to build a leak-free engine finally.

Wrightwood Racing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.