Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74-2.0 timing/tuning Questions?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Strudelwagon
I've got a stock GA code 2.0 motor running the factory FI with Petronix module installed.

Question #1- when you pull the vacuum hose off the dizzy to set the timing, do you have to plug it or does it matter.? I assume @3500RPM the ECU wouldn't notice the vacuum leak.
would the MPS notice?

Question #2- Idle adjustment......Once the timing is set and mine is, the idle is at 800-820 RPM. do you trim it with the air screw on the Throttle body or the trim knob on the ECU?

Thanks Guys
SW
TheCabinetmaker
Yes. Plug them. Use the screw on the throttle body to set idle speed. The ecu knob is for idle mixture.
TheCabinetmaker
Did you check the dwell before setting timing?
Dave_Darling
Q1: Just pull it. You can plug the line if you want to be extra careful and make sure no dust could get sucked into the intake, but that's kinda overkill on careful. The injection won't care about vacuum leaks at the manifold, it will just think the throttle is open a tiny bit more. And you're not shooting for a precise throttle position, just "enough to get to 3500 RPM" (or more).

Q2: The one on the throttle body. I remember the spec speed being 800-900 RPM, but frankly "just under 1000" is close enough.

--DD
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 20 2012, 04:44 PM) *

How does one check the dwell angle on a Pertronix?

Steve
falconfp2001
QUOTE(Strudelwagon @ Apr 20 2012, 05:13 PM) *

Steve

You don't. I think he is talking points.
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Apr 20 2012, 08:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Strudelwagon @ Apr 20 2012, 05:13 PM) *

Steve

You don't. I think he is talking points.

That's what I thought.
Thanks for the confirmation guys. There is no substitute for experience and I can always count on lots of it here! beerchug.gif
SW
TheCabinetmaker
Ooops. Obviously I failed to read the complete post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.