Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: buzzed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
minnesota loon
I changed seats in the car. After that the red brake warning light is stuck on and the buzzer is also on. Does it have to do with wires under passenger seat? When i use turn signals it flashes on and off. Can i bypass this somehow? wire unhooked? Any ideas? 1976 2.0
Mike Bellis
disconnect ther relay under the passenger seat. You will have to jumper the 2 large yellow wires together.
Series9
agree.gif

That relay is a piece of crap. I can't believe they designed it to have control of the starter. blink.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(Series9 @ Apr 21 2012, 07:28 AM) *

agree.gif

That relay is a piece of crap. I can't believe they designed it to have control of the starter. blink.gif

.....You ain't never lied!...just plain trouble idea.gif
bye1.gif
Dave_Darling
May not be there in a 76, if John is talking about the car in his sig.

Check for the button under the handbrake handle. If you moved the handle around, the tab on the bottom might be missing the button, which will keep the brake light on. Also, if the button got unplugged the wire could be shorting to ground which will turn the light on.

Did you bleed your brakes at the same time you did the seat swap? If so, reset the master cylinder switch but pushing the button on the master cylinder.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.