Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OT] Perspective
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonwatts
Have you had to make any decisions like this lately? I haven't.

Day Hike Gone Bad
Bruce Allert
My God sad.gif I think I would have died. You do what you gotta do... but I think I would've died........
jimtab
First of all....don't climb alone. Second, a dull knife is no good to anyone. Third, should dummies be allowed to reproduce? He certainly made a lot of mistakes before he did what he did to his arm. It seem he was even lucky there, after all he didn't bleed to death.
elmonte
I would of killed myself i could never drive a SPORTOMATIC!!!!!
Curvie Roadlover
Plane trip gone bad:OUCH
EdwardBlume
Aweful.

Imagine having to find the bodies.

Remind me not to fly on super old Russian planes in Africa.
Matt914MI
That plane story really doesn't sound like an accident. It sounds like someone's way to take care of a few military officials.

I think if I were that hiker, I would have figured something else out before cutting off my arm with a dull knife. Plus I would have been with someone else, and I'd have a sharp knife.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(cavwpguy @ May 9 2003, 05:13 AM)
Aweful.

Imagine having to find the bodies.

Remind me not to fly on super old Russian planes in Africa.

With no roads they'll never find the bodies. mellow.gif
Lawrence
Darwin works in mysterious ways... but sometimes even he is thwarted.

-Rusty
jonwatts
Eewww, who thwarted? blink.gif
Pnambic
From what I gathered from an interview with the hiker on the news this morning, I believe he dulled the knife trying to dig away at the boulder to free his arm during the previous 5 days or so.

If I remember correctly, he dulled a number of knives that way before finally making THE decision.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place literally.
Jeff Bonanno
Rusty,

technically speaking, Darwin did win. an evolutionary analysis of the second incident suggests that a populous prone to poor aircraft maint. is the beneficiary of negative selective pressure.

not sure what can be said of that other poor sod.

jbb
URY914
I just called my wife and had her cancel our family's vacation to the Congo. I hope we can get our deposit back. clap56.gif

And I told her to remind me to sharpen all our knifes this weekend. wink.gif

I don't need you guys posting about me next time. mueba.gif

Paul
Curvie Roadlover
I sure hope this doesn't have too negative an impact on Congo tourism, but, I'm afraid I'm cancelling my vacation there, too.
URY914
I don't know about you, but my wife was PISSED that we had to cancel.

Paul
Curvie Roadlover
My wife took it pretty good 'cuz I told her we'll go to Somalia instead.
URY914
We're going to China now.
SARS don't scare me.
need4speed
QUOTE(Jeff Bonanno @ May 9 2003, 09:34 AM)
Rusty,

technically speaking, Darwin did win. an evolutionary analysis of the second incident suggests that a populous prone to poor aircraft maint. is the beneficiary of negative selective pressure.

not sure what can be said of that other poor sod.

jbb

yeh. It'd be nice if this privatization kick went so far as to set all the aircraft maintenence for Air Force One to Alaska Air. hey, it'd be cheaper than what we taxpayers are currently paying for. (until the plane went down - oh well. . .) beerchug.gif
jdogg
URY and Curvie- LMAO, POTF(pissing on the floor)!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.