Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24 Hour Korijo Challenge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Okay... I've got a challenge.

We've got $8K for Dave Cawdrey ("Korijo")

Dave was denied coverage by Medicare and needs his chair soon. He was refitted today and the chair's gonna cost between $10k and $15K, not $8K like he originally thought.

If you don't know what they heck I'm talking about, then get your head out of the sand, and follow this link...

http://www.914world.com/paypal/paypal.php?...ce46b22f6c8263c

or here at Pelican Parts...

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....ighlight=korijo

We're going to get coverage in Excellence Magazine (unfortunately not until September, but that's super cool and it's sure to bring some more attention to this great effort by all of us fellow Porsche enthusiasts).

Anyways, September is for away, so here's the challenge...

I will match (up to a total of $2000.00 ) of all donations that come into the 914world.com Paypal account for from Sunday afternoon (at 12:00 noon EST) until 12:00 noon EST on Monday, plus I'll cover the fees for Paypal, so we net a cool $1000.00.

If you can't Paypal, then e-mail Brad (brad@all914.com) your pledge amount and the check number that it will be written to.

Or better yet, overnight a check, money order, or cashier's check payable to Brad Roberts at

SSI
C/O Brad Roberts
20 Pamaron Way
Novato, Ca. 94949

Mark the check's Memo section for the Korijo Challenge.

Rules:

Only donations received between 12:00 noon (EST) this Sunday, May 11th, and 12:00 noon (EST) on Monday, May 12th will count towards the challenge.

I will ask Brad to withhold the donation amount totals until Monday evening.

Are you up to the challenge? Then whip out those checkbooks.

Regards,

Karl Ellzey
Qarl
One more thing... if you'd like to help, then post an "I'm In" note to this thread and I'll be sure to send you a reminder!

or send me a PM.

Thanks,

Karl
boxstr
You should also issue the challenge to your ebay gear shift knob buddy tongue.gif
CCLINAMCOCAMP
Qarl
Think of how much money you spend for goodies for your teener.

If 40 of us chipped in $25.00, we'd be there.

There's at least 66 people logged on right now!

Dig deep my brothers! If you've already donated, then do so again. Dave and his family will appreciate it.

Regards,

Karl Ellzey
VegasRacer
You might as well write the check for a grand now. :loveletter:

The official Vegas odds say it's a lock that your challenge will be maxed before dinner time.
In fact don't be surprised if PayPal crashes at 12:01 on Sunday with everybody trying to be first.

Thanks for your generosity. clap56.gif
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(kellzey @ May 8 2003, 07:37 PM)
Dave and his family will appreciate it.

Regards,

Karl Ellzey

We do already. More than words can ever say.

Karl, thanks again. pray.gif
rick 918-S
I'm in. unsure.gif
Bruce Allert
I'm in Buddy...
take care Kori, take care Dave.
bruce

P.s. I donated now cause I'm leav'n for the islands on vacation in the morning...... Aloha :flower:
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ May 8 2003, 08:48 PM)
I'm in Buddy...
take care Kori, take care Dave.
bruce

P.s. I donated now cause I'm leav'n for the islands on vacation in the morning...... Aloha :flower:

Thats where I was born. Thus, the name Keone. Means John...

Say aloha to my home biggrin.gif And thanks again for all your help pray.gif
dan10101
Rules! Uck.. confused24.gif
I didn't read the email close enough, I thought the 24 started now.... How do I unpay? wacko.gif

Oh well, I have no doubt, that the 1000 will be met. mueba.gif
Hey, maybe someone will fill up my piggy bank again, and we'll do it all over...

Dan,
(I get too many emails..) smash.gif
Qarl
I'm sure the rules can be bent a little...

But, still, I'd like to group the donations between Sunday and Monday.

Regards,

Karl
dan10101
I have to add, Karl,
Thanks for doing this...
It helped me get off my butt...
Brad Roberts
Dan.. I *think* I can "cancel" your payment..

B
dan10101
Shoot, I was trying to get in before anyone saw my rant. I'd leave it like it is. I'll deal with my end.
Mow some lawns, paint the living room again (3rd time in 2 years), the wifie owes me..
Dan
Bruce Allert
Dave, will do... goin' to the garden Island... our home away from home... hopefully to be a permanent home once retirement comes along.
...waste'n away in Mai Tai land.......
bruce rolleyes.gif
Brad Roberts
Bruce... take me with you.

I dont eat much...LOL

B
Qarl
Kauai?

Nice island. I think there is a Lapert's ice cream stand there. Good ice cream.

Na Pali Coast? I think there' some sacred site there... no photos. Lots of golden roosters running around.

Princeville for golfing.

Have fun...

mueba.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Kauai - Arguably the most beautiful spot on the face of the planet. Have fun Bruce!
seanery
I'M IN!!

I don't see many "I'm In's" c'mon guys!! (& gals)
Qarl
I'm in...

Hopefully for $1K if everyone participates in the challenge!

Regards,

Karl
Jenny
I'm in! It's great to see what Dave brings out in all of us.

Karl, what a big man you are to do this... we're lucky to have you on this BBS. clap56.gif

Jen
Jeff Bonanno
in.

Jeff
Dave Blackburn
I'm in!!

I will be in Seattle next weekend. Anyone know of any good parts places? I am looking for some 916 or chrome bumpers and a few misc. parts.
Thanks, Dave
Qarl
bumpity bump...

OT: I got my Le Mans DVD in yesterday. I had actually never seen it before. Pretty darn cool. I spotted a few 914s racing.

Regards,

Karl
rick 918-S
Come on.... Who else is in... I know I don't have to tell you guy how much of an opportunity this is. That's a lot of cash. Dig deep friends. and give til it hurts. Ask your church, ask your dad, get your moms to have a bake sale. bump
Qarl
BTW, In case you didn't pick up on it, I have a couple of other matchers (people willing to match donations), so the Challenge is set to $2000.00 in matching funds available.

Regards,

Karl
krk
Man,

You drop off the list for a day and stuff happens.

a) Never leave http://www.914world.com for more than 6 hours. Sooner or later you will miss something!
cool.gif Karl, this contest idea kicks ass. Thx for landing it on the board. So... I think we should somehow have something visible (like a thermometer or something) so the universe can see how the contributions are going. Is this a reasonable idea? (I suppose it may be a pain in the butt for whomever is doing the totally of the contributions and so forth -- and it may be more than we as a club are actually ready for)

Anyway, I'm in -- in a big way. If we can get a fellow 914'er motorized transportation, who can!

kiim.

(kelly, what does "other matchers" mean?)
Qarl
I think the contributions totals should not be posted. Leave it a mystery. If someone sees that we are at the goal, they are more apt NOT to contribute. I hate to think that.

Hopefully, we will get MORE than the $2000.00 goal. Plus my $2k match.

Wouldn't it be cool to get $3K in, plus my $2K? Then Dave would just about have his chair.

Or what if...

Well you get the point..

Remember, donations start at noon EST on Sunday and end at noon EST on Monday. Or send Brad an e-mail with your check amount and your check number.

Or we will hunt you down.

Thanks everyone for the support.

Regards,

Karl
krk
QUOTE(krk @ May 9 2003, 08:45 PM)
Man,

You drop off the list for a day and stuff happens.

a) Never leave http://www.914world.com for more than 6 hours. Sooner or later you will miss something!
cool.gif Karl, this contest idea kicks ass. Thx for landing it on the board. So... I think we should somehow have something visible (like a thermometer or something) so the universe can see how the contributions are going. Is this a reasonable idea? (I suppose it may be a pain in the butt for whomever is doing the totally of the contributions and so forth -- and it may be more than we as a club are actually ready for)

Anyway, I'm in -- in a big way. If we can get a fellow 914'er motorized transportation, who can!

kiim.

(kelly, what does "other matchers" mean?)

How many typos can you have in one message. It's friday folks....

Calling Karl Kelly seems to be a habit for me. Sorry Karl. (again) (really it's friday).. (really)

The "can" should be a "can't" -- of course.

But the contest still stands. And I'm STILL IN.

kim.
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(Dave Blackburn @ May 9 2003, 09:35 AM)
I'm in!!

I will be in Seattle next weekend. Anyone know of any good parts places? I am looking for some 916 or chrome bumpers and a few misc. parts.
Thanks, Dave

I gotta look. Maybe I can get the roller from boxter by then. I'll talk to Chris R., too. He's told a tale of some desserted teeners. Maybe one o' them confused24.gif

I got my 916's. All prepped, primed, ready for paint !!! I thinking about something else... Don't know what, tho blink.gif

Make me an "offer I cant refuse", and their yours. Its the least I can do. pray.gif
JRust
I'm in for sure! Man thats a spendy damn chair mad.gif . You'd think you could get a discount or somethin. Any luck on the van? Lets keep it going guys!
Qarl
bumpity bumpy
John Kelly
I'm in.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Dave Blackburn
Korijo.. I sent you an E-mail. Le tme know if you get it.

Regards, Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.