Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "SEARCH" says 'you do not have permission'
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
What am I doing wrong? The site shows that I'm logged in as I am automatically when I come to the site.

Doug C
SirAndy
QUOTE(DougC @ Oct 6 2004, 02:01 PM)
What am I doing wrong? The site shows that I'm logged in as I am automatically when I come to the site.

the search either didn't return any results or the result is a thread that has been deleted since. the search will return threads that have been deleted and you'll get that now "infamous" error message if you try to access one of those deleted threads ...

"please try again"
wink.gif Andy
DougC
I was directed to search archives for "magnetic bra" (a car thing) by the threads author/starter so he'd probably know if he deleted it - unless someone else deleted it for him.. By the way my search turned up his thread, but I got the message when I tried to select it.. as if I wasn't logged in?

Doug C
Jeroen
Here's how it works...
Threads that are deleted (either by admins or by the original poster), aren't actually deleted but moved to a protected forum that only the admins can access
So if you do a search, it will show up (because it's not really deleted), but when you actually wanna look at it, you're not allowed...
Hope that makes sense wacko.gif

If you're looking for the magnetic bra thing, check the "parts & resources" forum, it's there...
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Oct 6 2004, 02:40 PM)
Hope that makes sense wacko.gif

agree.gif what he ^^^ says!
DougC
Thanks you guys, I found it in the resource section.

Doug C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.