Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody got a picture of a 914 with these mirrors?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Two kinds both similar, not ever sure if they will fit or not. what is the spacing between mounting holes on our cars?

first Talbot
Ferg
second, hella
DougC
Those are kind of interesting and look more period correct than alot of mirrors you see on 914s - I'd like to see a picture of them as well, on any older car if not a 914..

Doug C
Ferg
here's the hella's on a 510
SLITS
That's close enough laugh.gif
cgnj
Have a set of Talbots on the 73. I'll move it into the driveway and shoot a pic tomorrow.

Carlos
GTeener
Saw these on a 914 in a couple vintage race photos.

Here's one:
GTeener
And I think this is one too
seanery
my 356 had one on it.
cgnj
Didn't get a chance to roll the 73 out for a pic. I recall deciding to take them off an finding that additional holes had been drilled to mount the talbot 333's. Of course the stock mirror would cover them. Left them for now. I promise to roll it our this weekend and shoot pics.

Carlos
Brando
I only have one mirror... stock... what's wrong with the 'flag' mirror?
VegasRacer
on a Chanlon
seanery
John,
I don't think those are different.
Qarl
Vegas... those are made by Vitaloni... and are different...
seanery
aren't they called California or something like that?
Ferg
The talbot's on the gt's fender are interesting... No pics of the hella's though, they are much cheeper, and just cause i've never seen them, they are more rare biggrin.gif . They look good on the datsun, and appear that they may look good on a 914 as well, I may have to take a chance on ebay.
Ferg.
GTeener
Even a Jaegermeister GT used them, but it's a little tricky to see since it's only on one side of the car...the far side.
cgnj
Ok, was finally able to bring move the car in and out for pics. Last trip out side for the next two years (optimististic timeline).

Side view
cgnj
3/4 view

I only drove this car one or twice. Very good field of vision these mirrors. I think that they need to be a little further forward than the stock location. They attach with u bolts. The bolt doesn't match up with the stock holes. I'm on the bubble with the look. The pair on this car is available, along with a W code 1.7 120-125 on all holes (shameless plug).

Carlos
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.