'66 Beetle Bug sedan with sunroof. This is a '66 body on a '68 pan. Currently registered.

I bought this Beetle 5 or 6 months ago, put a lot of time and work into it, and ever since it's been my daily driver. It's been a very fun car and I'm really not wanting to sell it, but I'm in need of a newer, more family oriented car.

About the Bug-
Bright green paint. Has some scratches and a flake here and there, but overall paint is in good condition. Minor ding on passengers side door, can easy be popped out. No bumpers front and back.

I also have running boards painted same color as the car, just not installed in photos.

1600 single port engine with single solex carb and 009 distributor. Runs and starts up well, drives well. It does leak oil, as most VW engines tend to.

Transmission shifts and downshifts well, 4 speed. Reverse tends to be sensitive and likes to pop out of gear if not held in.

Drivers seat is a bucket style seat, passenger seat is a stock 66 low-back style seat. Rear seat is stock and intact, and in great condition.

No headliner, but does have some carpet kit pieces not installed in the photos.

Has aftermarket, smaller steering wheel.

Steering column is out of a Porsche 914.

Does have a fuel gauge and other piece of the dash grill, not installed in photos

Empi 5 spoke style rims (beat up) up front, Mag rims in the back. 4 lug.

Door panels/back seat panels are later (68+) style panels. Tail lights are non-66, later bigger (70) style tail lights.

Shaved, no turn signal front fenders. No horn grills but horns are still there.

Has one piece "Cal-look" style windows. The seals and window felt will need replacing on these. They rattle.

Rear windows are all tinted, and rear window has a defroster, just needs to be wired up. Rear windows also have newer thick "Cal-look" style seals.

Does have heater boxes/exhaust for heat, heater hoses just not currently hooked up.

The good: New, recently added or replaced:

HeadLights, high beams, dash, running and brake lights work.
Brand new rear engine cooling tin, also have some new engine cooling tin for below cylinders, not installed
Newer battery
Newer points/condenser
Brand new brake master cylinder
Brand new brake hoses all around, and a new brake line in rear.
Put in seat belts from a '74 bus for the front seats. I also have some seat belts (lap) from a '74 bug for the rear bench seat, just not installed.
Solid floor pans, no rust.

The bad:
Turn signals not working, relay is there and turn signal switch works, just has some wiring to figure out.
Slow leak from brake light switch, needs to be replaced. Easy to do, Inexpensive part.
Engine leaks oil
Needs new gas tank sender (cheap, easy to replace)
Some rust on passenger side lower door hinge causing door to be hard to open/close
Door handles/locks can be finicky, common on these old cars.
Reverse gear is sensitive, can pop out of gear.
Front tires will need replacing soon
Wipers work off and on. Wiper motor works fine, just some wiring to figure out.

Overall a good bug that has done me well.

$1950. Located in Modesto

Text/Call 209-303-3231. If no answer, leave a voicemail, I may be working.
Also interested in trades for a newer four door, 4 cylinder family style car. Let me know what you have. Please TEXT about trades!

Thank you..

Click images below for bigger view

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article

THIS IS NOT A 914WORLD AD!
Do not reply to this thread! No one is listening!

Click on the "View the full article" link above to go to the actual Ad!