Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Randal

Looking for rear flares and I believe the size is 11" to fit an 11" slick. I know Patrick Motorsports has them, anyone else? dry.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Randal @ Apr 24 2012, 04:22 PM) *

Looking for rear flares and I believe the size is 11" to fit an 11" slick. I know Patrick Motorsports has them, anyone else? dry.gif

I have to look tonight, i have a set of 11" flares and they were either from Getty or AIR ...
idea.gif
Aaron Cox
AIR makes 11" rear GT flares
http://www.americaninternationalracing.com...246&page=59
Woody
I'm using the 7 and 9 inch flares from these guys along with the bumpers. Fit is decent with the fenders, so so with the bumpers.
http://www.rennspd.com/P_Detail.asp?PID=382&Task=STD

IPB Image
Randal
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 24 2012, 04:37 PM) *

I have to look tonight, i have a set of 11" flares and they were either from Getty or AIR ...
idea.gif

They will probably be AIR as Getty doesn't make that size.

Are you still planning on using them Andy? Actually if your going to do two turbos then you might want bigger ones to cover the huge tires you'll need. w00t.gif
Cracker
Here are mine from Rennspeed. It took allot of work but that is dependent on how anal you are... unsure.gif

Correction - My flares are 9" Front...I had listed 7".

9" & 11" (17") Lindsay Racing Fuchs

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Randal
QUOTE(Cracker @ Apr 24 2012, 07:29 PM) *

Here are mine from Rennspeed. It took allot of work but that is dependent on how anal you are... unsure.gif

7" & 11" (17") Lindsay Racing Fuchs

Very nice work. Did Rennspeed also sell the rocker panel?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Randal @ Apr 24 2012, 05:30 PM) *
Are you still planning on using them Andy? Actually if your going to do two turbos then you might want bigger ones to cover the huge tires you'll need. w00t.gif

Yes. biggrin.gif

Already got the wheels and tires for them. I just have to get motivated to do the bodywork.

Since my cars is all molded in, that will be a major undertaking ...
unsure.gif
bulitt
QUOTE(Cracker @ Apr 24 2012, 10:29 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Wow Tony your car looks awesome! How about some more pics! What spring rate did you settle on for the rear, front torsion bar size? and who makes the rear wing? Thanks!
Cracker
The rockers, trunk w/ spoiler, and flares are all from Respond. I supposedly had all of these glassed as "thicker" than normal - you'd never know it though. If someone is intending to "glass in" the flares these would NOT be the way to go - way to thin. I have seen glass flares that are very tough and rigid - these are NOT them. Perfect for my intended use and they look really good but I can't underscore enough how much work ($$$) went into what you see right there. I could have glassed them for the same price in the end! the entire sides of the car were repainted at the same time due to all the "fitment" scratches and such.

I'm going to start a new thread in "garage" to not hijack this anymore.
Randal
QUOTE(Cracker @ Apr 24 2012, 07:29 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Well all the work was worth it as your car looks great.

Question: Any pictures of your splitter build and the materials you used? Really nice job and so clean.

Have you ever thought of hill climbing that beauty? Some of the Southern events I've seen on line have shown some challenging hills.
J P Stein
Brit just picked up some monster rear flares that cover the 12s on 12s. I've only seen pics but they look good. You need some of those. biggrin.gif
Cracker
There are no hill climbs in my future. It might take a little while but when I have the front end off I'll try to remember to shoot some pics for you. The splitter is mounted independant of the air dam assembly (other than the two struts which quickly can be removed). As strong as the CF airdam is I wouldn't mount the splitter to it as a main support system.

The spliter is a real CF and Kevlar around foam core unit. It is 1/2" thick with a beveled front and strong as hell. It was made in conjunction with the airdam by Prototype Composites in Milwaukee, WI. (Sp?).
Randal
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 25 2012, 09:26 AM) *

Brit just picked up some monster rear flares that cover the 12s on 12s. I've only seen pics but they look good. You need some of those. biggrin.gif

Do you know which ones he used? idea.gif
Randal
QUOTE(Cracker @ Apr 25 2012, 09:31 AM) *

There are no hill climbs in my future. It might take a little while but when I have the front end off I'll try to remember to shoot some pics for you. The splitter is mounted independant of the air dam assembly (other than the two struts which quickly can be removed). As strong as the CF airdam is I wouldn't mount the splitter to it as a main support system.

The spliter is a real CF and Kevlar around foam core unit. It is 1/2" thick with a beveled front and strong as hell. It was made in conjunction with the airdam by Prototype Composites in Milwaukee, WI. (Sp?).

Pictures will be appreciated!
Randal
QUOTE(Cracker @ Apr 25 2012, 09:31 AM) *

Was the splitter a one off build by Prototype Composites or something they sell?
sixnotfour
Do you know which ones he used?

GT racing I think.

Confirmed via facebook. he has a build thread here also. garage
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...579&st=400#
Randal
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 25 2012, 11:38 AM) *

Do you know which ones he used?

GT racing I think.

Confirmed via facebook. he has a build thread here also. garage
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...579&st=400#

Those look like they fit well.

Understand they will fit 12" wheels, but not sure how they would look with 11"ers?

stewteral

Hey Randal,

I've been running Rennspeed flares all around, for over 10 years and can recommend them. Their pricing CANNOT be BEAT!!

Check out: www.rennspd.com

Best,
Terry
Randal
QUOTE(stewteral @ May 15 2012, 08:05 PM) *

Hey Randal,

I've been running Rennspeed flares all around, for over 10 years and can recommend them. Their pricing CANNOT be BEAT!!

Check out: www.rennspd.com

Best,
Terry

Tks for the information- will check it out. I was at Infineon on Saturday and think I saw your car. Very very nice. No one was around, so missed you. You were parked next to my buddy Mike A. in his 914-6 that needs a paint job!
Britain Smith
I made a whole thread over in the Garage on all the different fender options that I could find...it is Bodywork Reference Thread.

Here is my set-up. QRS Fiberglass front fenders widened about 1.5" and GT-Racing Rear Flares.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

-Britain
Britain Smith
BTW, the car is much lower now...I had to cut some material off the front fenders for wheel clearance because my front wheels no longer swing in the same arch as stock...because it is double a-arm and not struts.

-Britain
Randal
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ May 18 2012, 11:39 AM) *

BTW, the car is much lower now...I had to cut some material off the front fenders for wheel clearance because my front wheels no longer swing in the same arch as stock...because it is double a-arm and not struts.

-Britain

Are those radial or cross ply slicks?
Britain Smith
Radials. I like them much better than the Canti's!
Randal
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ May 18 2012, 10:20 PM) *

Radials. I like them much better than the Canti's!

On a car like yours who wouldn't like 11 and 13 inch slicks. biggrin.gif

Looks like you got a bit too much camber dialed in on the rear, but maybe that was a WIDE corner?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.