Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The story of the teener on Wheeler Dealers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
There was a whole lot more done to the teener than was in the show. Not just replacing the bellows to solve overheating problems and painting the tin.

Here is link: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C267383#
davesprinkle
Yeah, and new bumpertops, too. Maybe from Mikey914?
wingnut86
Yeah, pretty hard to believe that the same rodents in the glove box didn't snack on the nice rubber and cloth bits under the tin, especially the FI seals as they "hung" in mid air outside the fuel ports.

I also couldn't imagine not pulling those heads after finding said injectors slinging happy juice all over the engine blink.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Apr 24 2012, 07:27 PM) *

Yeah, and new bumpertops, too. Maybe from Mikey914?

Yep,
I saw that too. Got them through one of my contacts in Germany along with a few other rubber bits
nsr-jamie
Yes, I saw that show and it was great !! Couldn't belive how nice the car turned out...I knew they must have done some suspension work after seeing the car on the track. They didn't mention that in the program.
mepstein
Seems like they broke even, at best, not including any labor, towing or basic supplies.
dakotaewing
They also didn't address the fuel lines... blink.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Apr 25 2012, 10:47 AM) *

They also didn't address the fuel lines... blink.gif

I was thinking the same thing. Top of the list for any 914 is to replace the fuel lines. We've seen too many fires from split and rotted lines.
reharvey
Yes--and when Edd started up the engine after reinstalling it the tach wasn't working. Maybe the mice ate the wires for that too! The fuel lines had to be rotten after sitting for 10 years so you know they replaced them. Overall they had a lot of positive things to say about our beloved 914s. Ray
Valy
They advertise it as 1.7L ?! poke.gif

That's a 1.8 L-Jet engine. And the car is not a 1971. Has 2 full seats, later dash, padding on the firewall, black bumpers, no chrome on the interior door handles. I bet that's a 1974 that got the tits removed.
timothy_nd28
QUOTE(Valy @ Apr 25 2012, 09:20 AM) *

That's a 1.8 L-Jet engine. And the car is not a 1971. Has 2 full seats, later dash, padding on the firewall, black bumpers, no chrome on the interior door handles. I bet that's a 1974 that got the tits removed.

He's right
JawjaPorsche
The heading says it is a 71 but in the first paragraph description, it says it is a 74!

confused24.gif

QUOTE(tim_nd @ Apr 25 2012, 01:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Valy @ Apr 25 2012, 09:20 AM) *

He's right

RFoulds
DID I Miss this episode?? When did it air??
SLITS
I thought the owner bought it back or so it seemed in the video.
HarveyH
They just put Velocity TV onto our local Comcast outlet. I've seen a yellow 914 in the trailers and did a bit of looking around. A link to the full episode on the 914 is:

http://www.streetfire.net/video/wheeler-de...914_2383052.htm

It's broken into five 10 minute segments and the only commercials seem to be the lead-in

Harvey

Vysoc
Great Stuff, Wheeler Dealer and Velocity are great!

Ed inspires us all with his ability to fix things and patiently work through problems.

I have been hoping they would tackle a 914 at some point.

Nice car.

Vysoc flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.