Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can someone update me please on Korijo!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Can someone update me on Dave (Korijo)

Did his car ever get built?

Here we are in 2003!

You can PM me if needed!
shoguneagle
Thanks, Qarl, for bring to our attention some of our members we have not heard about/from for a long time. As time goes on, we seem to have the tendency to get involved with everyday living and seem to forget our friends.

Qarl, I for one would like to know how Dave (Korijo) is and whether the 914 got completed.

There is a very nice story of involvement regarding Dave, his family, the 914, and a VW bus. It really shows what the 914 members can really do in helping/assisting/etc.

Steve Hurt
brant
Nice picture.

For those that weren't around at the time there was a bunch of money raised. Enough to pay for a wheel chair lift in the van.

Qarl, there have been no updates in years.
I believe I remember seing 1 update about the time of the big split....

but nothing sense
Dave_Darling
I thought I had seen an obit for him on here quite a while ago?

--DD
campbellcj
I also thought I remembered seeing some sort of update a while back - not necessarily an obit though - but the latest I can find here is like 4 years ago.

Member #914!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=914
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Apr 24 2012, 07:49 PM) *

Thanks, Qarl, for bring to our attention some of our members we have not heard about/from for a long time. As time goes on, we seem to have the tendency to get involved with everyday living and seem to forget our friends.

Qarl, I for one would like to know how Dave (Korijo) is and whether the 914 got completed.

There is a very nice story of involvement regarding Dave, his family, the 914, and a VW bus. It really shows what the 914 members can really do in helping/assisting/etc.

Steve Hurt

Who was it arranged to get that VW bus and deliver it? Anyone remember who that was? confused24.gif
Mr.C
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 24 2012, 10:14 PM) *

QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Apr 24 2012, 07:49 PM) *

Steve Hurt

Who was it arranged to get that VW bus and deliver it? Anyone remember who that was? confused24.gif

I do...I'll always give the guy respect for doing that.
reverie
Karl,

Dave and Kori Jo are still married, and living in a small town about 30 minutes from Seattle.
I think his condition is stable and has been stable for a long time.

I think he has the bare shell of his 914 in his garage, with the unfinished rear fenders from the fender-pounding party. For many reasons, it is unlikely that that will change.

Roger
rick 918-S
Roger and I were working on things in the background a few years back but legistically it was a nightmare. Lots of details we will not discuss but we think about Dave and Kori jo often.
StratPlayer
Its been a while,, I sure wish him well.
So do I think about him when on 914 World,I thought he passed away..I hope Not.. 914
seanery
I was just thinking about Dave and Kori and came upon this thread. I hope they are both doing well.

An update would be welcomed.
Chris H.
agree.gif Me too Sean. I miss Dave (and Kori). Never met them but loved to read the updates. Such a brave guy and a great family. Their kids must be BIG now!
Bleyseng
Kori is on Facebook but doesn't update very often....Kids are big.
Mark Henry
I remember seeing the update, as far as his condition we can assume that things are progressing the way you think, stable, but you know there will be no happy ending.
ALS is a horrible condition, but at least he has an incredible wife and family, she should be nominated for sainthood.
Bruce Allert
Hey Y'all, Old timer here with mucho time on my hands since full retirement took me this last June!!! I'm lovin' it smile.gif
For some reason Dave Cawdry (Korijo) came to mind. So after a long long time of not visiting here I decided to sneek a peek of what's goin on. Looked for updates to Dave & found this thread.
Also found my original thread that started the ball rolling for just a motorized wheelchair for Dave. It really expanded to a wheelchair lift van with the help of many members.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...ic=1047&hl=

Those were fun days. I don't have a 914 anymore. Still want another but between the ranch, cows, goats, chickens, dogs & all else that goes together it's not in the near future. Some day tho.

I noticed the last post was in 2012 saying Dave & Kori are hangin in there. Any updates to how they are doing?

Hope to not be a stranger anymore. I'll continue to live vicariously thru y'all. driving.gif

Bruce
Chris H.
Hi Bruce! Welcome back!
Mark Henry
Hey Bruce!

Ever find that matching purse for your Miata poke.gif

Good to hear from you bud. biggrin.gif
Bruce Allert
Hey Chris, Thanks for the welcome.

And you too Mark! I found I needed a tractor for the ranch since the Miata wasn't good for cleaning stalls & haulin hay.
Also got me a Tundra to haul the hay with. Zooms really good!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.