Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sheet Metal Missing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dmilzoff
I need help in identifying a part on my 1970 914-6 which may be missing. The bolt holes under the front trunk area appears to be for a 'skid plate' type of sheet metal. It probably is to reduce air turbulance and water splash into the rails under the doors. Would anyone have a picture of the missing part or a source for a replacement.
Dave
New York
Part Pricer
I'm not sure, but are you talking about Item #9 in this picture?

IPB Image

Are your master cylinder and other front suspension parts exposed?
dmilzoff
I think so. I didn't think that the part was so wide. The part is missing so I'm not sure. I will match the picture to the underside of the car. Thanx.
If it is the part, any suggestion on source for replacement? Name of part?
Part Pricer
Duh! It's early. Of course you wouldn't know what it looks like if yours is missing. unsure.gif

The part is referred to as a "belly pan" or "gravel pan". If you can see your steering rack from under the car, this is the part you need.
Jeffs9146
Here is a picture of it attached to the car!

Sorry thats all I have!

Jeff
Jeffs9146
dmilzoff
That's it. Boy, you guys are good. Thanx.
Jeffs9146
You can get one at PartsHeaven in Hayward, HPH in Mountain View or Easy Auto Wreckers in Emeryville!

I have know idea where to go on your side of the world!

Jeff
Joe Bob
You DO realize....the minute you put it on, your master cylinder or steering rack needs work, don't you? blink.gif
SirAndy
another part that somehow never made it onto my car.
(or was lost somewhere along the way)

never ending story ... rolleyes.gif
seanery
The later fuel pumps were under there, correct?

I'm thinking about moving the 72's up there (when it runs nice & happy that is)
Bleyseng
No, the later fuel pumps are accessed from the front trunk thru a little door they are ziptied to.
Geoff
rhodyguy
after you remove a few of them and the ears for the bolts are torn up, you gotta fig they fell off. that would be some kind of noise. banging down the bottom, then suddenly stoping.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.