Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I've done it again...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
si2t3m
Got the Triple gauge rebuilt and installed it last night to check if everything was ok.

I put the key to the ignition, humm, dim Alternator and brake light... Yup, they are not as bright as before... And i'm taking my time thinking on what is happening...

Alot of smoke starts to come out from the hole where the speedo goes (didn't put it back in at that time). DOH! I take the power off and pull the cluster out (lucky i didn't screw it back in). All this happened under a minute btw.

Turns out i connected a red & white cable to a ground... OOPPS...

Now i'm looking at the mess... Some red/white wires melted a bit... So a 10 minute job turned out to be a 2 hour job, shrink wrapping some wires...

I'm confused as to why a fuse didn't blow?

Say a + wire comes loose behind the gauge cluster and hits the body of a gauge, shoudn't a fuse blow somewhere???

For the following weeks, i'll be obsessed about this!

Marc-André
Lawrence
Is there a fuse on the straight power wire? I can look at the wiring diagram, if you want.

What year is your chassis. You have a 4 -> 6 conversion, not a 6 -> 6 upgrade, right.

-Rusty
si2t3m
It's a conversion from a 70 914-4.

I didn't think about looking at the wiring diagram...

I'll take a peek!

Marc-André
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.