Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Brake Pins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dralf
I had rebuilt my rear brakes and only cleaned the pins off with a brass brush. Recently I had to take the calipers off for my rear rotors needed replacing. I once again looked at the pins and yes they are clean of rust but somewhat pitted and not smooth. I am now concerned that this lack of smoothness will cause the pads to stick or bind such that it will ruin my new rotors in a hurry. My question is therefore: Are my concerns correct and I am willing to change out the pins but where do I get replacements ? blink.gif
seanery
Al,

funny you ask. I've been looking for rear pins and can't find any. Dave @ GPR told me he couldn't get them.
SLITS
If you look at the pin and the size of the hole in the pad, you will see that even if they are a little rusty or pitted, they're not gonna stick. They are there to locate the pad and the pad can even move a tad on them. Clean 'em and stick them back in.

If you had to force the pins thru the hole, you've got the wrong pads.
seanery
Al,
I sent the 8 forgotten lug bolts to you today. You'll probably get them (priority mail) while you are camping.

-sean
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.