Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VERY ON TOPIC: Now this is a freekin cool car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rockaria
Now this is what I am talking about. This is the best of all worlds. I know you either hate it or love it, but WOW, I am in love.

IPB Image

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2&category=6058

cool.gif wub.gif wub.gif cool.gif
GTeener
FrankenTeener wacko.gif

Definite identity crisis 914? 911? 944? icon8.gif
URY914
"rust free" wink.gif
vortrex
wait, you made 15 posts tearing apart the "2100" mile car and you like this???
Rhodes71/914
No reserve with 38k invested? WOW! Do you think the seller will go through with the auction of it doesn't even get to 10k. have to watch that one.
McMark
The seats were a bad choice. Late 60s looking seats in an early 80s looking car? But I can appreciate how clean it looks, even if I don't agree with the aesthetic.
Andyrew
I dont see any reinforcements for either the v8 or the convertable conversion...

Thats a cruzer.... Not a "drive me hard" driver...

I'd have to do some serious tube framing to get me to feel comfortable driving that...

Oh, I bet it sounds AWESOME in the passanger compartment with the engine.. I know it sounds cool in mine...

Oh And I wonder about the condition of the interior...

IPB Image

Andrew
Rockaria
QUOTE(vortrex @ Oct 7 2004, 11:10 AM)
wait, you made 15 posts tearing apart the "2100" mile car and you like this???

You Bettcha! I am NOT a stock freek, Just an Anal detail, tell the truth you A__ H__, kinda freek. If this guy said "best of the best" and "bone stock" I would rip up this one!

chair.gif

And I did say I really liked the 2,100 car, a lot. But Don't sell me a slice of Tofu and call it Steak!

Mmmmm Steak... (Where is the drooling Homer icon?)
Andyrew
I'd say its worth about 15k (thats my v8 good condition number..). I'd talk with dad if its stays around 7k... I could use some parts.... lol
bob91403
My God! They cut away HALF of the wheel well! Is that structuraly wise? I've seen much better vents done. I agree about the seats. It needs a Dr. EVIL interior.
Andyrew
Thats the normal rennegade thing... its for the radiator... Its fine, if you put supports in.......
bob91403
I've seen some where they cut two windows and welded in some screen. Looked much nicer.
Jenny
So the engine is RIGHT behind your seat, right? Loud much?

Jen
Rusty
QUOTE(Jenny @ Oct 7 2004, 09:48 PM)
So the engine is RIGHT behind your seat, right? Loud much?

Uhhh... so is yours, Jen. smile.gif

Wait... do you still have a running 914, or is it at the body shop again? lol3.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Rockaria @ Oct 7 2004, 08:48 AM)
Now this is what I am talking about. This is the best of all worlds. I know you either hate it or love it, but WOW, I am in love.

IPB Image

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2&category=6058

cool.gif wub.gif wub.gif cool.gif

agree.gif

Yet another chance to snag a project with much of the expensive work done.
Jenny
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Oct 7 2004, 10:51 AM)
Uhhh... so is yours, Jen.  :)

Wait... do you still have a running 914, or is it at the body shop again?  :lol3:

-Rusty smoke.gif

I have some metal between my engine and my back. Plus there's glass. No sound deading pad in the engine bay. Louder than a stock 914, fer sure, but probably not as loud as the convertible.

Oh, and as for the body shop comment... kiss my asian bootyshake.gif ... it won't be scheduled for the body shop for a couple more weeks. rolleyes.gif Getting bumpers painted, bubbling paint and door ding (from another car) resprayed.

Jen

BTW, welcome home flag.gif
Carlitos Way
There's also another oen on e=bay right now... not as nice but looks much more "stock"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

It seems now that summer is over, everyone wants their cars out of the house so they can get new winter projects...
skline
Thats a Beach Boys conversion, there is one similar to it down in Laguna Hills. I think its a little lighter in color though. The conversion alone is over $5k plus the paint and the cost of the conversion with out the engine is about $3500 so I would hope it would go for more than 10k.
seanery
I find this an interesting car. My only real concern is what is covering the engine?
bondo
QUOTE(GTeener @ Oct 7 2004, 09:57 AM)
FrankenTeener wacko.gif

Miata? smile.gif
tat2dphreak
ok, maybe I'm the only one, but I don't like it... gold metalic?!

I've seen some nice kit/conversions, and this one DOES look well done, but just to over the top for me... sorry

the 10K car cmolina posted is much more pleasing to my eyes...
nebreitling
that car is asking you to grow a mullet and crank up the van halen.

barf.gif
Rockaria
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Oct 7 2004, 01:41 PM)

barf.gif

Doode! party.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(bondo @ Oct 7 2004, 11:30 AM)
QUOTE(GTeener @ Oct 7 2004, 09:57 AM)
FrankenTeener  :wacko:

Miata? smile.gif

Yup....too bad it only comes in the feminine model....
SLITS
DAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNN, Rusty is gettin' testy since they let him out of hell - whoooooeeee. Manhattan is not the Garden of Eden, but prolly is a hell of a lot better than the eternal beach. Welcome back.

Oh forgot - yea, it's a car........maybe
Sammy
Jenny wrote: "kiss my asian bootyshake.gif ... "

Oh, you tease.
Jenny
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Oct 7 2004, 12:41 PM)

barf.gif

agree.gif aktion035.gif

Jen
Rusty
QUOTE(Sammy @ Oct 8 2004, 02:05 AM)
Jenny wrote: "kiss my asian bootyshake.gif ... "

Oh, you tease.

She's all kinds of tease... I always suspected that. rolleyes.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
SLITS

JUMP

monkeydance.gif
IronHillRestorations
I'm secure enough with my (cauterized) testosterone production to admit to liking the look of the Beach Boys Monterey kit. I'm not a big fan of the "gills" in the side intakes. To me they look better in photos than in person (even on the 930s for that matter). Now if they made one with the later style funnel style side intakes, that would smooth it out a little. You can have the carb'd small block though, I'm trying to hang onto what little hearing I've got left. Make mine a Motronic 3.2 please.

I always wondered how well the convertible top fit. I guess if it leaked a little it wouldn't be any worse than a stock 914.

I've only seen one in person, and it too was a V8, red and kinda ratty. Thought that the lack of any additional stiffening might provide a interesting handling experience, especially long term.
Brando
i confused it for a Mitsubishi Eclipse with a hackjob. oops.
CCLAY
Wow, tough crowd here. ar15.gif

Chris
Series9
No matter how you look at it: It's plastic glued to hacked-up metal.

That car is AWEFUL!

I can't believe there's been so much commentary on that piece of shit! (ok, now I'm guilty too.)
914Timo
Definitely not my cup of tea...... cool_shades.gif
Levi
barf.gif
How about a real car
Levi
hey
How I'm I doin???????????????????????????
lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.