Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Jack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom73
Does the 914 use a special jack or would it be the same as for a 911. I am in need of one for a 71. I believe that the early models are different from the later models.

tom...
McMark
Are you looking for OE correct or just one that will work? The OE one for your car is the non-geared type which don't work very well, especially at their age. The geared type are much more reliable.
Tom73
Interested in one that will work and will fit into the normal stowage spot at the left rear of the trunk.

tom...
Root_Werks
If you don't have one, grab any 914 jack, they will all work as well as the same era 911 jacks. Don't know what years exactly, but probably anything from the 70's would be fine. They are the same as far as I know.
davidcalvin
Which non OEM jacks work best? I actually need one for my car as well. Just got new tires, so prolly not an immediate issue.. but I am thinking about going for a long ride this weekend so I should probably get one.

David
Andyrew
Get a scissor jack (like 944's... ie mid 80's), they seem to work pretty good.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 7 2004, 09:46 AM)
Get a scissor jack (like 944's... ie mid 80's), they seem to work pretty good.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.