Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seats for 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Pages: 1, 2
GTS
Some of the Porsche owners may know our seat,at all shows and occasions I have been asked for seats for the 914 to fit the rear original padding.
Well the prototyp is made and we are working on the production model,it will have more ,or actual real side support,using the original mounting and tilting mechanism and a integrated headrest.As said ,the prototyp is been made,so no pictures are available at this point,the side will resemble the Rallye ST.
The seat called "LeMans" in memories of the 914/6 GT of Ballot Lena ,will be available at the beginning of next year in leatherette/basket weave,leatherette/corduroy or in leather/ corduroy and leather with perforated leather.
Pricerange will be according to the Nürburgring.
The Nürburgring and Rallye ST fit only without the rear padding or with alterations to it.We hope to meet most of the needs of the 914 comunity.
For questions call 702 353 7175 ,GTSinLV@aol.comor go toGTS gran turismo sports
McMark
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

laugh.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Oct 7 2004, 10:29 AM)
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

laugh.gif

agree.gif
GaroldShaffer
Their Nurburgring seat. I was looking at this seat for my teener but maybe I will wait idea.gif

price range is $495 - $795 depending on the fabric/leather according to their website.
seanery
can I get the new seat in Tan Leather\corduroy?
Chris914n6
Hmmm, 702 area code, that's in Vegas somewhere smile.gif
Carlitos Way
Does anybody have pictures of these installed on a 914?
JmuRiz
Can't wait till pics are available smilie_pokal.gif
PatW
bump IPB Image
GTS
Well we all waited long enough.....
we can introduce the LeMans
Finally I have the first seat here and will show it at the Long Beach LA ALL EURO Auto Show and Swap meet on the 6th of February...next stop Hersheys 23rd April.
The seats fit the original mounting point,slider tilting bracket
have an adjustable headrest,clear the handbrake and tilting lever
have a 5-6 point option as standard
fit into the original rear padding
give you much more side support
and will be available in
leatherette/basket weave $ 545
leathertte/corduroy $ 595
leather/corduroy $ 725
perforated leather $ 855
weight is from 15lbs to 16.2lbs
sorry for the long wait,here are some pictures

with warm regards
Stefan Schleissing
702 353 7175
www.GTS-classics.com
GTS
here the side view
GTS
here the front view
GTS
finally the mounting with the original tilting slider bracket

Thanks again for the patience

with warm regards
Stefan Schleissing
702 353 7175
www.GTS-classics.com
jd74914
nice IPB Image

lot of $ thought
Steve
How tight will it be on my hips?
What's the inside dimensions?
I had the konig seats and had to sell them because it was to tight.
I'm currently running a Corbeau Forza which fits great but it doesn't look factory.
I will be out of the country Feb. 6th.
Do you have a showroom in Vegas where I can try them out?
jtf914
Beautiful!!! IPB Image
echocanyons
They look very nice.

I do have a couple of questions,

Are the original seat belts still functional with the bolsters? I seems to me that they would not restrain you properly, I also looks like the original belts would be prone to wearing out the material on the bolsters over time.

I would love to see a picture of one fitted in a car and possibly with someone sitting in it with the seatbelt in place.
vortrex
here are some dimensions from their website.

http://www.gts-classics.com/weight-dimensions.html
McMark
I'd be all over these, 100% ... if it wasn't for the mobile headrest. icon8.gif barf.gif Sorry! sad.gif
GTS
The headrest looks a bit strange I have to admit that,
but when you see it built in it blends in with the rear padding.

with warm regards
Stefan Schleissing
GTS
JmuRiz
Look good, can't wait to see a pic of one installed in the car...got me thinking about selling my Koenigs... idea.gif
I'd be all over these, 100% ... if it wasn't for the mobile headrest.
I think that is so you can take the headrest off and go GT-look.
GTS
Hello
and as requested, I finally found a donor car to take some pictures with the LeMans seats installed
echocanyons
Looks great!
any pictures with someone sitting in it with the stock belt in place?
vortrex
with the headrests adjusted all the way down do they still stick up higher than a stock seat?
stecz
Is the seat available in other colors besides black?
horizontally-opposed
These seats look great! Two questions:

Do you sit any lower than in the stock seat? (This would be a plus for me) If not, can it be done?

Could one substitue houndstooth cloth for the corduroy?

THANKS!

pete

horizontally-opposed
Oh, and I too am worried about how the a lap belt will work with these... any pics of somebody skinny sitting in there with the stock 3-point belt possible?

pete
jd74914
when the top of the seat is pressed all the way against the backpad, it looks like the bottom is pushed away. How far is the bottom of the seat away from the firewall.
JmuRiz
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Feb 12 2005, 07:57 AM)
when the top of the seat is pressed all the way against the backpad, it looks like the bottom is pushed away. How far is the bottom of the seat away from the firewall.

Might be reclined or something, that'd do it.
VegasRacer
Since this vendor is in Las Vegas, I was planning to go and look at these seats as a public service to the 914Club members. I was sure that I would not be a potential customer. I thought that my recently recovered stock seats were OK and that the price for these was more than I would be willing to pay. I WAS WRONG.

I had a nice Sparco seat in my race car. I had a Scheel seat in a previous teener. Both were fine, but after all, they were just seats. Right? The stock ones are not that bad and I thought I was reasonably content.

GTS Classics was at the Porsche Club race this weekend with samples on display.
Here is my review of the products they offer:
All of them are top quality. Stefan is a very nice guy to talk to.
Monte Carlo = Nice seat that belongs in a bigger car with room to recline.
Rallye ST = Very comfortable. A nice choice for a long trip. Wide enough for anyone.
Nurburgring = Very similar to the Scheel. High support under your knees.
Le Mans = AWESOME. Excellent in every way. The PERFECT 914 seat for me.

I was truely amazed at how much I liked this seat. The fit and support are superb. Just enough support for your legs. The sides grip your butt like it was custom made. The upper kidney bolsters are just right. The lumbar and back are molded to perfection. As soon as I sat in one, I knew I had to have one. The other are nice, really nice. The Le Mans is Fantastic!!! It is rare to find a product that is this good. I have yet to see one installed in a 914. I have no doubt that it will work as well as the seller advertises. Now my only question is what material do I want and where do I find the money to pay for it?
GaroldShaffer
John if I may ask, how big are you? I'm 5'7" and 205. I really like the looks of this seat, but I hate to order it only find out that my bootyshake.gif won't fit.
VegasRacer
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Feb 17 2005, 07:13 PM)
John if I may ask, how big are you? I'm 5'7" and 205. I really like the looks of this seat, but I hate to order it only find out that my bootyshake.gif won't fit.

I'm 5' - 10" and 150 lbs. The LeMans fit me fine. I was well supported by the seat, but there was enough room for a larger bootyshake.gif . While I was talking to the seller another potential buyer came by. He was about 6' - 2" and 250 lbs. He tried the same seat also. He said it was OK, but he liked the Rallye ST better.

L --> R. Rallye ST, LeMans, Nurburgring, Monte Carlo.
* (note - the head rest on the LeMans is not the proper one)
boxstr
As the New Oregon Distributor for the GTS seats made by BF TORINO. I will be bringing a sample of seats with me to the WCC 2005 in Camarillo. I will also have some mounted in a 914 so that everyone can try on for size.

I have Konigs,Scheels and Factory GT seats at CAMP 914, and the GTS seat by BF TORINO really is much more superior. The quality of construction and materials are way beyond the other seats.

Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
GTS
Hi,
for all the ones interested,
I have found houndstouth...but only in red / dark red configuration.
If anyone wants a center of his GTS seats with this material send me an email and I will have taken a picture of the houndstouth....
Hope to see you in Hershey's at the 23rd of April
GTS
here is a picture of the available red houndstouth
TC Johnson
I know the question has been asked before, but will there be other vinyl basketweave colors available? My Black '76 has the tan seats, and I would love to upgrade the driver's side, without it being mismatched.

They look great! smilie_pokal.gif

TC
GTS
here are a few sample basket weaves....
also a houndstouth in grey,blue and beige in vinyl avalable
rickyhgarcia
I wrote you some time back about Houndstooth material. The color of my choice is black/white. Any news on this material? I would be interested in the LeMans model with black leather sides and back, and the black/white houndstooth insert.
GTS
Hi Ricky,
thanks for your interest and getting back to me.
I am waiting for the first seat in the black and white houndstouth,which I will have with me (hopefully it is in the mail) to the Porsche Swap Meet in Hershey,PA on the 23 of April.
As soon as I have it I will make pictures and post them here.
Prices are so far unknown...sorry.
sincerely
Stefan GTS
Middlefour

Hello one and all,

Does anybody on your side of the pond know of a supplier for the original type cloth facing material for the seats? My car is a 1970 and has a sort of fine cord type material in black. I did contact one supplier in the States but he won't post to the UK. Anybody any ideas.

Thanks

Steve S
boxstr
Steve, Let me know who the supplier was an dI will try to aquire the material you need and send it to you.

Go to my website http://www.camp914.com I have posted under the GTS seat banner a few of the color samples inculuded is the B/W houndstooth.
Craig C. Laughlin
GTS
Just to add the next model ...here is the LeMans in leatherette/corduroy
Stefan
GTS-classics.com
redshift
Oh great, houndstooth makes me horny.

M
GaroldShaffer
I got my seat from Craig at Camp914. It is great and your stock belts work just fine. I ran my first AX with the seat installed over the weekend and no problem with my bootyshake.gif moving in the seat.

NecronomiconJules
When mounted, is there a seat height difference compared to regular 914 seats? At 6'.4'' anything higher than stock is out of the question for me.

Jules
boxstr
Jules, The stock 914 runners mount to the bottom of the LeMans seat. They then slide onto the stock adjuster assembly. There is little to no height change from stock.
Craig C. Laughlin
jim_hoyland
Craig,
Have any Lemans seats been done in Tan/Camel ?

jim
boxstr
No but they can be done in camel or tan.
CCL
daveyboybadion

Hi Stefan, it looks like you finally made the move to Texas. I talked to Craig at Camp 914 and he suggested I get in touch with you directly. I bought a Rallye ST that you delivered to Carl's Place in Las Vegas. I'm looking for brackets that will let me bolt the stock seat slider to the GTS chair. Anything available yet?...daveyboy

p.s. to any of you out there considering these seats, they are great looking and well made.
GTS
[Hi Dave,
The Ralye STS and the ST need some modification to fit the original sliders and tilting mechanism, as they are about 25 mm off the stock Porsche bolting pattern.
If you build your own mounting bracket I gladly supply you with my sliders.Will post later a picture of the Rallye STSmounted into a 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.