Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Really OT: Baby Names
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Ferg
Ferg wife and I are about 7 weeks from baby D day! We don't know what we are having, hopefully human. Anyhow we have only a few names so far, see if you can spot a trend...

boy:

Hudson
Pierce
Cooper
Bennet

girl:

Paige
Carmen or shall we say, Karmann wink.gif

Any thoughts on the above or other good one's?
My full last name is Ferguson, so it should sorta go with that...

Ferg.
fiid
Congrats! Mine (Boy - Benjamin) is due on Chrismas day. (!)
URY914
Portia for a girl.

Pronounced "Porscha" wink.gif
bondo
Ferdinand? smile.gif
Rhodes71/914
It's great that you don't know what you are having. We didn't want to know for both of our kids (oldest, boy, turned 3 yesterday), it is a great surprise.
Don't get to set on a name until you actually see the kid, neither of ours had a name until a couple of days after they were born.

Oh yea their names are Alec and Sailey and I still can't believe how great they are. biggrin.gif
Toast
Wolfgang blink.gif

ummm, how about

Eric for a boy

Cindy for a girl

Eric Ferguson
Cindy Ferguson
idea.gif sounds like they would work ok.

Guess I just like basic names.
Thorshammer
If your wife is like mine you won't have a choice, but i will tell you this, Have two names picked out prior to going to the hospital, because after childbirth you will let your wife win no matter if you hate the name or not.

My name pick:
Boys
1. Magnus, meaning The great
2. Christian
3. Cameron

1.Alexis
2.Brit
3.Portia, already mentioned
3.a. Cameron

Good luck dad to be!

Erik
JWest
Our #3 is due December 21. I could use help with some boys names, too. confused24.gif
SirAndy
if it's a girl, call her "Weber" ...

wink.gif Andy
Ferg
Our #3 is due December 21

Congrats James smilie_pokal.gif
Cano
Congrats! My first was born 6 weeks ago. The wife and I just went through millions of girl names and settled on Lydia. Other names that made our final cut were Lillian (Lilly), Julia, and Claire.
skline
How about Tara Lanae Ferguson. I think it goes well together for a girl

For a boy, I have no clue, all I made was girls with the last one being a boy. There wont be anymore for me. His mom named him Daniel Scott. I had no say in that one.
ArtechnikA
i can only suggest that you do a couple of Google searches for any name you are considering...

a couple i knew back in Nevada - very straight-laced Mormon couple - named their daughter 'Ashley Renee' and i will bet a zillion bucks they didn't check out that name first ...
Scott S
Senator
King (or Queen)
Tiny
Wolf Boy (or Girl)
Famous
Oscar
Felix
Leather
Skreetch
Gunnar
Thor
Captain (Tenilie?)
Cher
Polly

.....Bursch!
Joe Bob
Joe Bob or Bobbie Joe....

biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
Bursch Now that is perfect. Since I also am not having any more youngin's. I need another dog. Current dog is "Come er damn it"
Pnambic
Speaking of doing the Google search, check out the initials first too. While pregnant with our last child, my wife had her heart set on Tiffany Nicole. Our last name is Anderson.
I wasn't too thrilled about having a daughter with the initials, "TNA", ya know? wink.gif

Hmm...Monica Irene Lenae Ferguson idea.gif

By the way, I kid you not, I spoke with a man named Jack Russell today. WHAT KINDA PARENT WOULD NAME THEIR KID AFTER A BREED OF DOG?!?!?!?!?!?! wacko.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Oct 7 2004, 02:13 PM)
'Ashley Renee'

laugh.gif i had no idea who that is, did a google search, this is too funny ...

rolleyes.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Pnambic @ Oct 7 2004, 02:41 PM)
So Ferg, if you name a girl Weber, steer clear of a middle name beginning with a "T". wink.gif

yeah, "Weber" might not be such a good idea after all ...

her nickname in highschool is probably going to be "Triple Throat",
and that just doesn't sound right ...

biggrin.gif Andy
Jenny
Congrats Mike!

For girls..
Celeste
Debren
Dominique
Madison
Sheridan
Samantha (Sam)
Fiona
Abigail (Abby)
Brenna
Ella
Makayla
Zoey
Summer
Eva
Charron
Hannah
Aura
Jenny (Hey! It's good enough for me, so it's good enough for your little girl!! wink.gif _

Boys...
Devin
Hunter
Logan
Tanner
Aidan
Nathan
Greyson
Colton
Seth
Maximus

I work at a Dr's office. See some cool names come thru here.

Jen
bob91403
How 'bout Hella? The kid would be bright, but loud. biggrin.gif
PorscheTom
Hey, I thread I can contribute to...

Anyway, our 1.5 year old daughters' name is "Jessalyn". My wifes middle name. Some sort of relative name combo somewhere on her side.

Anyway, we like it and I'm sure she'll be the only one answering when they call that name in her class.

Congrats on the new addition to the family.
GTeener
QUOTE(Pnambic @ Oct 7 2004, 01:41 PM)
Speaking of doing the Google search, check out the initials first too. While pregnant with our last child, my wife had her heart set on Tiffany Nicole. Our last name is Anderson.
I wasn't too thrilled about having a daughter with the initials, "TNA", ya know? dry.gif

TNA is better than GAG! Unfortunate initial coincidence my parents made with me mad.gif

Kids are cruel, so try to pick a name that doesn't rhyme with anything mean

Like:

Chuck

...and isn't the butt of a joke.

Like:

What do you call a quadrapalegic at your front door?
|
|
|
|
Matt lol2.gif
rezron
I've got a son who is now 8 years old.
We named him Brock- the name fits perfect and there
does'nt seem to be alot of other Brocks around.
There are alot of good names out there- not an easy
choice!

rezron
bob91403
Sure, just name him Conan, or Arnold, after the Governator or that pig from Green Acres. clap56.gif
lapuwali
Last name Ferguson, first name obviously has to be Massey.

Ferguson was also the name of the company that produced a 4wd system in the 60s, used on a few racecars. Jensen used the "Formula Ferguson" name on their Jensen FF road car around that time, which suggests Jensen or Formula as possibles. Could even go with Jensen Formula Ferguson as the full name...

Don't saddle the poor kid with some name that will get it beat up. A friend who was involved in aerospace named his girl Allison (two Ls, not the usual 1), after the WWII-era aero-engine manufacturer. This was sufficiently innocuous that even his wife didn't know the real reason that name was chosen until long afterwards...
Allan
How about Massey for a boy or a girl? Get it Massey Furgeson. lol2.gif
Allan
OOPS, already picked biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
We named our kids Elizabeth and Ethan

That makes them our Elizabethan children. smile.gif
gregrobbins
Girls:
Aubrey
Allison
Catherine

Boys:
Brandon
Matthew
Christopher

Congratulations and good luck!
spare time toys
named our girl Elizabeth Nicole Dildine. She is our last (snip snip) ohmy.gif initials are E.N.D. get it rolleyes.gif
sj914
How bout a name that'll fit for either a boy or a girl
Jesse
Pat
iamchappy
I vote boys names

Qarl

or Miles

the club extremes

My daughters name is

Frankie
Meredith
I already have my kids' names picked out (first and middle). My future husband probably won't have any say, but we'll see. smile.gif I would need to have 2 boys and a girl to make the names work, though.

Mer
Joe Bob
My last monster was to be named....Daniel Michael or Danielle Michael....easy.....
BatAc
One syllable, solid sounding and not cute, holds up for the long haul. Remember how other kids will call (shorten) the multi-syllable ones.
CCLAY
How 'bout.........Seven.
Levi
Boy= Levi
Girl= Jessica
Ferg
Lot's of great names and Idea's, i will have to print this out at some point and show the ferg wife. clap56.gif
seanery
how 'bout "Sixer" or "Karman"

really, I'm serious.
Ferg
carmen, karmann is on my orig list, wife actually really likes that one for girl so I may only have to convice her to spell it goofey.
GaroldShaffer
For a boy how about Garold biggrin.gif When asked how to say my name I tell everyone its like Harold but with a G. I have only met one other Garold in my 39yrs and he was from Sweden.

My boy will be 3 on Dec 11th and we named him Nathan Earl Shaffer, Earl was my fathers name. We also liked Mitchel John.

For a girl we picked Samantha.

Congrats on the little one, they are a true joy. Well most of time, there are some days when we want to pull our hair out, but it is fun.
Mrs. K
How about Michelle for a girl after her daddy ( Michael)
What is the wife's first name?

Lisa driving-girl.gif
Ferg
Wife's name is Christine, she was a twin... so it was chris and christine, as far as we know, theres only one in there, whew.
ninefourteener
Girl: Bertha
Boy: Poindexter

biggrin.gif

J/k... My daughter's name is Paige. Can't go wrong there. I also like Crystal, Jewel, and Portia.

If I ever have a boy, he's already named:
Pierce Alexander

Pierce Alexander Ferguson...... sounds pretty good. I won't be mad if you use it.

By the way.... CONGRATS!!! beerchug.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Ferg @ Oct 8 2004, 08:00 AM)
Wife's name is Christine, she was a twin...  so it was chris and christine, as far as we know, theres only one in there, whew.

Nice name your wife has...my daughter is Christina!

How about for a boy...Evan Michael Ferguson (EMF)
And for the girl............Samantha Elyse Ferguson (SEF)

When is the baby due?
Good luck on "Labor Day"! biggrin.gif

Lisa beerchug.gif
davidcalvin
Male:
Punk (Thats what my dad called me most of my life.. )

Female:
Grace

Unisex:
Seven
Soda
lagunero
Congrats! Ferg and Ferg Wife! Ferg you're a cyclist remember? I believe names do have an influence in the formation of a childs character. What name would you choose for yourself? Johnny Cash named his boy Sue.
seanery
My first dalmatian was named Mavic. I think that's a cool name.

Mavic Ferguson has a ring to it, but folks would probably want to call him Maverick.
DougC
I spent 2 days (after his birth) trying to come up with an exceptible name for my son after he was born 2 yrs ago. It's one of the hardest things to do, I had no idea. We finally all agreed on Luke for a first name and Dimitri for his middle. My wife is due again this coming April and if we have another boy, I'm thinking Vincent or Patrick or Paul...there are a few others too. I think it's important to not follow trends, go to the soccer fields on Saturday and listen to names being called out - there are some that you hear over and over and those are the ones to steer away from IMO. For a girls name we came up with Giselle, like the model - don't know if we're still crazy about that one though. My wife loves the name Chloe (Clo-y) but I can't make myself like it..

Doug C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.