Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear coilovers for Koni shocks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike T
I have Koni adjustable (on top with a knob) rear shocks ( 8241 1050 8906). I searched the archives here and have a general idea what I want but am coming up dry for a supplier here on the east coast.

The shock bodydia. is 1.970" and the lip that holds the spring perch is 2.070" dia.

Does the threaded sleeve sit flush on the perch or is it counterbored to set down over it? Seems I've seen Koni kits that have threads on the sleeve that extend below the lip.

I want to use 10" springs. I need the whole setup, sleeves, threaded collars and top hats. Springs too for that matter.

Mike T.
Lawrence
Call Jason at Paragon Products. 914 suspension guru, and good prices.

-Rusty
campbellcj
Jason is a great guy...but FYI you can get most of this stuff from Coleman for < half the price of the "retailers".
Mike T
coleman?
gklinger
http://www.colemanracing.com/
URY914
I got mine from Air Cooled Classics (865-671-4-914) They advertise in the back of Pano and Excellance. They also have a website. Coil overs-springs and perchs for $225. The were made by a company call "Suspension Specialties" if I remember right.

Paul
Brad Roberts
You should be able to get out for around 200$..

I highly recommend Coleman. They MAKE rotors/hats/suspension parts.

I have been using them (and keeping it quiet) since 1994.

B
URY914
Are they on the Westcoast?

Paul
Brad Roberts
They are on the east coast. The supply half of the Busch Grand national series.

B
URY914
I like these guys that have a website but don't tell you where they are. Only give you email and 800 numbers. Like they're working offshore and shipping from a third party supplier. Several of the advertisers which sell P-car parts are only phone operators. There is a company that has full page adds in Pano and Excellance that is in St. Petersberg. I looked them up one day and they don't have a warehouse-no parts are actually in thier "stock".

Paul
Brad Roberts
Paul...

You just described Pelican Parts and 90% of the "Newer" companies you see.

Its "just in time" shipping.. they drop ship from the big wharehouse places...

Relax... people.. I know Pelican has a "tiny" wharehouse with *some* parts in it...lol

GPR "has a parts wharehouse"
Zims "--------------------"
HPH "--------------------"
EASY "-------------------"
Paragon Products "---------------"

And many more that I dont recall.

B
TimT
You get get all sorts of cool suspension bits from Hoerr Racing, Coleman,Truechoice.

Truechoice are Koni gurus,
URY914
Brad,
Vertex in Miami
Zims in Texas
And the one I went to was Europroducts in St. Pete.

They are all selling the same 914 master cyl. It is just who gets the order in first.

Paul
Brad Roberts
I knew it was Europroducts... We know Emile the owner. Its the only "parts place" we sell to in St. Petersburg.

B
Mike T
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 9 2003, 09:31 AM)
I got mine from Air Cooled Classics (865-671-4-914) They advertise in the back of Pano and Excellance. They also have a website. Coil overs-springs and perchs for $225. The were made by a company call "Suspension Specialties" if I remember right.

Paul

What shocks do you have?

Mike T
URY914
I have yellow Sport Konis, adjustable with the knob on top.
jonwatts
I don't mind or care whether someone has something in stock in the back room or in a warehouse in Cracktown USA; but I do like to know where the company I'm dealing with is located so I can plan on shipping charges and state taxes.

If I didn't care whether my parts costs fluctuated by as much as 20% (by the time you figure in shipping and taxes) then I'd just order everything from Performance Products.
campbellcj
The State gub'mints are cracking down HARD on sales tax for interstate online/mail order sales. I know Dell now charges Calif. sales tax on orders coming here.

I personally like to know if a vendor has stuff truly in-stock vs. will just drop ship from the mfr or distributor (SSF, WestPac etc). The online vendors do not necessarily have good visibility of current availability. I have been burned more than once by placing an order for a supposedly "in stock" part and then having to wait 6+ weeks for it to arrive.

That's why sometimes when I NEED something I will walk into a place like Performance Products, lube up, bend over, and leave with the part in hand. If it's Saturday morning and my clutch cable is broken...I don't usually give a rat's ass if I can save $2.99 by ordering from elsewhere. Of course if I have the time to wait, then I do go to other sources.
Brad Roberts
I have one rule that I try to live by... only one.

Support your local shops (that sell parts)

Walk in and "buy" face time.

It sucks being up here with no parts place like HPH available to me 24/7

B
Mike T
Is the threaded sleeve supposed to slide down over the spring perch stop or butt up against it.

These sleeves have a 2.08" ID
Brad Roberts
It sits on that perch.

B
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 9 2003, 10:18 AM)
Relax... people.. I know Pelican has a "tiny" wharehouse with *some* parts in it...lol

B, if you think it's "tiny", you haven't been there in a couple of years...

They took over the location next door to them, and I hear that they are just about to/have just done a take-over of the space upstairs. It ain't anywhere near the HPH warehouse, but just the warehouse space is probably about one floor's worth of HPH. (All of the original office and warehouse is now just warehouse. Except for that tiny showroom up front.)

But it's true--most mail-order outfits don't carry a lot of stock. It costs money to keep that stuff around, and those would be costs that get passed on to the consumer. And yes, it can be quite annoying if you "gotta have it now".

I do support local businesses, as well as mail-order. I would not be happy if HPH, for instance, had to close their doors due to lack of business.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.