Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Butyl Tape
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPGREER
I'm looking for a place to buy Butyl tape in the San Francisco area. Preferably in the city or penninsula. I called a couple of autoglass places and they were no help. I have my interior out and the old stuff off. I'm just waiting for some tape so I can put the new window in. By the way, do I need to take the top padding off of the roll bar area? I think I've seen conflicting advice both ways. Thanks.

Brian

73 Silver 2.0
Jenny
I've purchased rolls of butyl tape from Pep Boys in Santa Clara on two separate occasions. I'm sure they stock them at all the pep boys. Don't expect any of the guys that work there to know what you're asking for. You have to look for it yourself. I found it both times on the bottom shelf, by the wall (not those regular isle displays)

Comes in a brown cardboard box about 10X10 inches, 1 in thick.

HTH,

Jen
EdwardBlume
I bought mine at Kragen and it works fine. 3M made it, about $15.
Trekkor
Yup, 3M makes it for you.

KT
BPGREER
My mistake for calling ahead. I tried 3 different Kragen locations in the city, and no one I spoke to had a clue what I was talking about. I guess I will drive down tommorow and look for myself. You guys had no problem finding the right size? It's 1/4" right? Also, did you remove that top piece of padding from the roll bar or did you leave it intact? I have everything but that out. Thanks.

Brian
EdwardBlume
Dude TAKE EVERYTHING OUT. Clean everything well. Well the 3M stuff goes on, you have one shot at getting the window on. Don't think it can be slid into place.

Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.