Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There was a 914 fire truck
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GTeener
Well not exactly "truck" wink.gif

A Fire Trunk lol2.gif
SirAndy
yupp, perfect track emergency vehicle ...

wink.gif Andy
tod914
Sure... don't change the fuel injector elbows and you too can have a 914 firewagen.
boxstr
Straight from "Monster Garage"
CCLINJEESEJAMESFORVP
scruz914
Gets to the fire damn fast!
tod914
You sure thats not barrels of Oktoberfest in the back? beer.gif
SirAndy
from the 914 bible:

Herbert Linge used a former factory GT that had been retired and used as a Practice-Car for the Rallye Monte Carlo and converted it into a fast emergency vehicle for the "old" Nurburgring.

The company "Deugra" equipped the car with a complete Halon Firesystem, 8m (~24 feet) of firehose, a fire nozzle, a tank with 120 kilo of suppresing powder and a radio system.

the car also carried a hydraulic press, plate shears, saws, cable winch and countless other small items.

even with a passanger (Dr. Edi Rothenfelder), Linge was able to keep up with the field even during a active race. the car usually followed the field for the first 2 laps (where the chance of a accident is the highest).

the car was purchased by "Recaro" in 1973 and upgraded with a 2.4L S Engine. Recaro sold the car in the mid '70s to a unknown person in Switzerland. the car has not been seen since.

and here's the car in action:
michel richard
If my rusty High School German still works, the caption reads: "The world's fastest fire-veihicle in action"

Kinda cute.

Michel Richard
SirAndy
QUOTE(michel richard @ Oct 8 2004, 04:20 PM)
"The world's fastest fire-veihicle in action"

yupp, you got it!

wink.gif Andy
GTeener
QUOTE(tod914 @ Oct 8 2004, 03:03 PM)
You sure thats not barrels of Oktoberfest in the back? beer.gif

Ah! Missed opportunity...

Fastest Kegerator in town lol2.gif

That I'd like to see beer.gif
URY914
THIS is THE 914 firetruck...
IronHillRestorations
Isn't that from "Das Grosse Buch"?? I'd love to have a copy of that, and then have a translated version too.
seanery
I've got a copy of it.
Bought it on German Ebay.

My german is pretty poor so I just looks at the pretty pics drooley.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 8 2004, 08:37 PM)
Isn't that from "Das Grosse Buch"??

yes, also known as "The 914 Bible" ....

wink.gif Andy
Gustl
Schuco made a 1/66 scale model of this car:
No 302 869 - VW-Porsche ONS-Rennstrecken-Sicherungsfahrzeug
(ONS-Track-Security-Vehicle)

IPB Image

IPB Image

as we can see at the back side of the blister box, they knew that it should be an ex-GT (fender flares):

IPB Image

So long,
Gustl
ruddyboys
That system would have been perfect for the pinto, you could put youself out when you catch fire, would have made the pinto a bid seller.
Bleyseng
Someone want to convert their car for the next WCC so you can follow the field when we drive?

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.