Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Low Oil Pressure
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
My engine has about 6k miles on it after an unknown rebuild. It's very strong but suffers from low oil pressure.

What are the possible causes? Any cures?
J P Stein
Well........my 2.7L doesn't have the oil pressure it did when I first built it. It's down to about 15 psi at idle.. 2.5 bar at 3K..hot. I've been abusing it some....not getting it up to temp before the first AX pass, ect. Prolly don't have 4k miles on it....most of them are hard miles. Bearings are the usual suspects, I'm afeared huh.gif
Jake Raby
Oil pressure relief spring is fatigued or the valve its self is not seating corectly... These are two very common causes
Brad Roberts
Case needed to be line bored during the rebuild but they didnt check it....

Worn out oil pump....

Since your car has No signs of large end rod noise.... I'm going with the main bearing issue.

B
Brad Roberts
I *think* I installed new pistons for the relief springs. It didnt help.

B
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 9 2004, 01:39 AM)
Oil pressure relief spring is fatigued or the valve its self is not seating corectly... These are two very common causes

agree.gif

I did a rebuild (T4 bus) earlier this year the pressure relief valve was not seating proper. I had a ream/refacing tool made and it is now a standard prep service on all my engines.

I've also seen a lot of slop in some old T4 pumps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.