I wanted to see what the interest would be in my 1973 Porsche 914 2.0.

This car has been in the family for the last 25 years and mine since I bought it from my grandfather when I was 16 years old. I believe that I am the 3rd owner behind gramps, who originally bought it in Corpus Cristi, TX from the original owner.

Until a few years ago this was my daily driver but since has been relegated to the garage . In my care it has always been garaged. While I lived in Whittier for 8 years, the car was maintained by Nardi Motors (Mr. Nardi is the man. He's a hard ass for sure but I trust him explicitly). Since moving to San Diego and having a kid, it doesn't get driven or used like it should. Hence, this ad.

Engine
The engine was completely taken apart and rebuilt over the course of 4 years. We purposely left everything as stock as possible and reused many original parts in the rebuild. The 73 2.0 is the most sought after engine, other than the limited made 914-6s, and the fuel injected engine gives it good get up and go. Engine still runs and sounds great. Odometer does not work but I doubt the engine has even 15,000 miles on it. The clutch cable had to be replaced and so we put in a short shifter, mostly because it was all we could find.

Exterior/Interior
We repainted the car ourselves and while we are not professionals, I think we did a good job. We kept the original color, one because we liked it (how often do you see a truly green car on the road?!) and two because the entire frame is green... every bit of bare metal is green. To change that would be impossible. We only did the outside and left the door jams, trunk, etc alone That was more than 10 years ago, so there are scratches and one place that was keyed, thanks jerk!
Interior, we put in new rugs, reupholstered the seats, and pretty much everything else is stock. There are cuts on some of the interior leather and dash is cracked from the sun. The targa roof is still in great shape for its age. The speedometer and tachometer used to work and one day just stopped, they most likely just need to be cleaned up but I haven't wanted to mess with them. The radio has been updated, but it also one day just stopped.

Rust
Ahhhh, the bane of the 914. If you know anything about these cars it's that they are like rust magnets. I spent many hours power sanding rust off this car, at least the noticeable areas. However, there is rust damage, in the trunk especially, including some holes. The battery tray is rusty. The car used to be fitted with an air conditioner, that was pulled and the hole patched under the front hood. There is a bit of rust from where the AC unit sat on the bare metal.

Here is a link to more pictures so you have a better idea of what it looks like.
https://picasaweb.google.com/104904969388452322265/Porsche91420?authkey=Gv1sRgCM-ozfHC47KZNA

My price is fairly firm.I don't really want to sell but it's just taking up space right now. It has great potential which I feel we just scratched the surface of. Also could be a great daily driver for someone, too bad my kids car seat doesn't fit. :)

Feel free to email with offers, questions, comments and I will do the best I can to answer. If you want to test drive, that ain't happening unless I have cash in hand. Sorry but I don't want to pay for someone else's accident.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article

THIS IS NOT A 914WORLD AD!
Do not reply to this thread! No one is listening!

Click on the "View the full article" link above to go to the actual Ad!