Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weltmeister Urethane control arm Bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I have not even driven the car yet and the bushings squeak a lot! Is there a way to grease these to make them quiet or am I screwed? The car has 0 miles on it, (well pushing it onto the trailer and off a few times) and the bushings are so loud I would be embarassed to drive it. I could run open headers and still hear the creaking coming from these bushings. Someone help me out here, I cant drive this like that.
seanery
Man,
you've got to lube them up.
Performance & Pelican (and others) are close and sell the Weltmeister grease.
When I put the rear sway on (with welt bushings) Dave at GPR said I could use
the marine grade wheel bearing grease I had. You want something that won't
errode over time with weather (or lack thereof in SoCal).

Some folks put zerk (sp?) fittings on them with a groove to hold the grease.

My front end bushings are tres squeaky, too.
jim912928
groove the insides with a dremel tool to hold more grease! I did (after putting them on without!...had to take it all apart again.
J P Stein
Aerosol can of oil. Give em' a squirt once in a while....works for about 2 days. sad.gif

Basicly, they're shit....but all we had till recently. All the other options listed here require disassembly.....then you may as well go to Meuller bearings and fix the problem for good.
skline
Looks like its coming back apart again.
bob174
You use this whale snot stuff to lube the urethane bushings. You can get it at a place called Paragon Products in Corpus Christi. I've used it when I installed urethane bushings, and never heard a squeak. Lasts forever, apparently. There are probably other places you can get it too. You'd only need the one-ounce product.

http://www.paragon-products.com/SearchResu...ch=bushing+lube
Mueller
You use this whale snot stuff to lube the urethane bushings.
.....and make sure you have on disposable gloves !!!!!!!!....the stuff will stick to you like Por-15
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.