Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Computer selections
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DuckRyder
Any one have opinions on these options.

looks like to get a 15 inch with 64m and SXGA I have to spend alot more.

15 inch XGA 32m or 14SXGA 64m is about the same price factoring in the cost to match the memory.

15 inch SXGA is ALOT more, is it worth it?

If this works:

IBM T42 ThinkPad 1.7G Express Models:

Looking at:

2378FVU

2378FZU

2379DXU
anthony
Are you planning on playing games? If not, then I'd go with the slower video card.
DuckRyder
Not planning on Gaming, I'm more concerned apout sharpness and resolution.

I have the 15 inch with the 34meg card and 1024x768 resolution ordered (see related thread)

I'm second guessing myself............

I thought when I ordered that the case sizes were the same, but in lookig it over again the 14.1 inch is slightly smaller, slightly cheaper, and will run 1400x1050.

The 15" model that will do the higher resolution adds a bigger faster hard drive and blue tooth which obviously jumps the price a bit.
DuckRyder
Any other opinions?
anthony
I just bought a 14.1" T40 for work and the display is beautiful, bright, and sharp. And I'm sure it has the lowest video card available since this was almost the cheapest T40 we could buy at the IBM education web site.

The extra megabytes of a video card only really help you hold larger texture maps in memory thus giving you faster frame rates in games.

It sounds like you just need to choose between 14.1" and 15".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.