Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Orangina is FOR SALE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
avidfanjpl
Yes, after 3 years and a ton more money than I am selling her for, Orangina is for sale.

Made in August/Sept 1972, with it being the 336th 2.0L, there are MANY things about this car that are unique. I have replaced much on the car with NOS or excellent used parts. This car even has the original Vinyl Windshield installed and NOT glued down. It also has 1972 vents. This was common to use up existing stock on a car in a transition month of build. It has been graded to have 96-97% original paint, but that was someone that could tell. The car is pretty well sorted, even by my mechanic's and detailers standards. Even the air cleaner was so new to the 2 liter motor that it has a VW crosshatch pattern, not the Bars pattern.

And YES, the door guards are original from the dealer, and I will not remove them. This car is so original, I did not have the gall to change a thing.

You get:

2 roofs - Original and a cherry one installed on car with new window rubber by 914Rubber
NOS New door panels from AA
2 sets of tires and wheels - 5 Fuchs done in 2011 by Al Reed with 4 205/60 Yokohama dry summer tires and a set of Azenis 205/50's on 4 EMPI's
NOS Fogs
New Brake Dustguards
2 sets of new Acorn Fuchs chrome nuts
2 sets of Empi nuts - One set new chrome
MANY 914Rubber sets all over the car.
New Austrian Porsche Stock Tinted Windshield
Almost flawless original aluminum front windshield trim
New front turn signals, new side markers, new US taillights - All Hella
Reconditioned seatbelts from Rich Dauenhauer, slide right up
Working original minty radio
New Antenna - Hirschmann
New wiper arms and blades
Mint and original front floorboard
Original toolkit
Original owners manual in correct red vinyl case
New 914Rubber front and rear bumper tops - Extra rear bumper top included
GA009774 Spare 2.0L 1973 split case included
NEW IN BOX Mahle Euro 2.0 Piston/Cylinder/Wrist Pin set included
New Lemforder Balljoints
New Turbo Tie Rods
Engine/Tranny dropped and ALL metal powdercoated in CORRECT colors and finishes
New Oil Cooler
Solid Engine Aluminum Engine mounts installed
Spare new Rubber Engine Mounts
All new NOS Injectors from Otto
ALL NEW Engine rubber and gaskets
SSHE's and ALL WORKING NOS heater parts
New Engine compartment rubber from 914Rubber
All new pressure hoses and GERMAN fittings
SS engine compartments lines
New Bilstein Sports front and rear
New Weltmeister 140 LB Springs in rear
Aluminum Torsion Bar Drop Arms - Can't remember maker
All new Elephant Bushings and bars on newly powdercoated trailing arms
All new wheel bearings - FAG Made
All 4 redone brakes by Eric Shea in 2011
PBR pads all around
Original jack, mat and early yellow trunk pad
All original Interior Carpet
All bulbs replaced
Al Garcia white LED's in all gauges
Working clock
NEW FULL BOWLSBY HARNESS
New Optima Red Top - 1 month old
Reinstalled rear tinted window, no rattles!
All nicks and dings removed by Paintless process in late 2011

112,700 miles

20,000 including 3 boxes of parts, including multiple filters, plugs, wires, all manner of door hinges, many lenses, old set of brakes front and rear, original trailing arms, brake dust guards, AAR's, speedo drives, extra working fuel pump from Jeff Bowlsby, Extra WORKING CORRECT ECU, spare harness, extra targa top hardware set, additional extra 914Rubber parts. Just a ton of stuff. Many interior extra trim parts, including pulls, handles, etc.

This is a firm price $20,000 and I will NOT separate ANY parts from the deal. The parts alone are worth 3K or more.

The people that have seen Orangina and that are 914World members have flipped over the car. Ask Tom Trischler. Steve Gaglione knows the history of the car and what I have done to her.

Thanks!

John
avidfanjpl
310-991-2200

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

carr914
Dang John, you're selling the whole Herd
avidfanjpl
Yes, TC! I am. But like you, I have the RS bug. BIG TIME.

ALSO FORGOT:

Original NOS Motorola Speakers recently mounted in NOS speaker enclosures and working with new wires to radio.

All new fuel pump hoses and filter, and the CORRECT 7mm to 9mm NOS hose is in place. Fuel Tank POR treatment in 2009. Still shines bright inside with a light pointing in. NOS correct fuel cap with NOS gasket installed last week.

Orangina comes with an original banana, NOT aftermarket, and the redone Monza exhaust that is shown in some photo's.

John
avidfanjpl
And FORGOT:

New center caps from Mikey and another set from Anaheim as spares.

Original steel caps go with the car.

Crap, I do have a ton of stuff for this car.

John
avidfanjpl
And I forgot MORE!

New Hood pouches, clips and rubber in the rear trunk. New rear seal from 914Rubber. NOS hood light that works. New Bruce Stone front and rear hood latches, nice and Caddy bright.

New spare holddown and disc from Bruce Stone. New light buckets from Rich Dauenhauer.

New pedal set from Bruce Stone. New brake switch. New Brake Pedal Sensor. All new cables for Clutch (GT), Accelerator (Beru) and Beru Speedometer cable.

And the speedo gear has the second O Ring that I sent out to (Mike?) to do.

So, point anywhere on the car but the short block and you will find the part is NOS or like new.

The only thing this car could stand is those new Vietnamese bumpers, but I stopped where I am.

Thanks!

John
silver74insocal
beautiful car!! can i ask if you had the door guard trim replaced or is it original? i am trying to find that stuff and am having no luck.

i am not sure if thats what it is called but its the aftermarket trim to keep your car from being dented by other car doors...

sorry for the OT question and heres a free bump icon_bump.gif
avidfanjpl
Trim is original. I never touched it. Had it out to clean behind it and see how it was installed. Rivets.

Which is the other reason why I never removed it. This car has always been about how clean it is and how, 3 months shy of 40 years later, the damn thing just looks so good without a repaint.

Not everyone loves Signal Orange, but I always did.

I may build a Signal Orange 6 conversion, or more likely a Lime Green RS 3L Euro, but to touch this car to do it would be a crime. Few 914's have gone this long WITHOUT a paint job. I have only seen 1 other 914 on here in 3 years that still has the vinyl around the windshield. It was only present in MY73 cars for 2 months or so of manufacture, but others would know that better than me. My first 4 MY73 2 liter cars did not have it.

This car is really destined for someone that wants to keep it as it is. I don't have to sell it, but I am hopeful someone wants to enjoy it as I have, super-original and looking killer. I just need 2 more cars as projects. Keeps me out of the bars.

John
Rand
Wow John, she's a beauty. Good luck with the sale - somebody will get a nice car.
avidfanjpl
Thank you, Reno Rand!

Always liked your 914 drawing in the signature space.

J
tod914
Sharp looking car! Love em when they are original.
jim_hoyland
Seen this gorgeous 914 at several events. A great car for someone that wants a turn-key car; the owner has spared no expense.

Good luck with the sale, this would make for a terrific Fathers Day gift fo that special dad ...
avidfanjpl
Thank you, Jim.

Yes, it has about 24K in it, as does Orangina.

Look anywhere on either car, and there is nothing that has not been replaced by NOS or perfect existing.

Of course neither car has ever seen rain.

If not sold, The Dark Knight will make the July PCA OCR AX at El Toro.

Can't let this stuff sit around

And Jim, we need to convince Joe to attend July AX.

He was not there last Sunday. I cannot make June.

Best regards,

John
smg914
I would put this TEENER in the KEEPER category.
avidfanjpl
By tomorrow night, there may be a new owner of Orangina.

PPI went nicely. There may be a more northern CA clime for her in a couple of days.

Will post info when I know more.

Thanks to many many many here.

Yes, I will still own a 914 if Orangina undergoes a move soon.

John

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Jul 24 2012, 08:03 PM) *

By tomorrow night, there may be a new owner of Orangina.

PPI went nicely. There may be a more northern CA clime for her in a couple of days.

Will post info when I know more.

Thanks to many many many here.

Yes, I will still own a 914 if Orangina undergoes a move soon.

John

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

Hi John,

Your 914 is a beauty & in my opinion it's priced too cheap. Someone will get a bargain. 914's like yours will hit $25K very soon. BTW: Just my opinion, please don't take offense.

Tom
avidfanjpl
Thanks, Tom!

The car is with her new owner. I really did feel funny as she moved out on the trailer for NorCal.

THANKS to all that helped me have a 3+ year journey with Orangina. Many good people here did me right repeatedly!

She will have a premiere in a Bay Area PCA AX soon!

I still have my 914-6 AX car, so I am not naked yet!

John
avidfanjpl
SOLD - SOLD - SOLD

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
halmil
Orangina is safely in her new home in the SF Bay Area. She hopes to start meeting her new friends here soon!

John was awesome to deal with. A real enthusiast and straight shooter.

I am looking forward to learning from this community as I have been and remain a 911 person and need to come up to speed in the teener world.
Rand
Welcome to the madness Hal. Glad to have you aboard the crazy train. Looking forward to catching up at some meet in the future.
EdwardBlume
Welcome Hal.
welcome.png
There's a few of us around in the East Bay. I'll keep an eye out for ya!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.